Playlist Issue

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mishima

Hi Guys,

Got some questions here... hope some of you great Ipod users can guide me how to rectify this problem. I have songs playlist on my Ipod, i've click to sort them by Album and I'm having a problem "re-sorting" them manually based on my interest on the songs queue. Might sound confusing... but i'll try my best to describe the problem below..

Problem definition example:

Playlist A:

- I've accidentally click sorted the songs by album or by name. (Now my Itunes is sorted automatically in order by (Track 01, Track 02, Track 03, Track 04 and so on...)

Now... How to undo it so that i can sort the song list based on (Track 01, Track 03, Track 04, Track 07, Track 05 and so on....... ? Depending on my interest of the track list priority.

Hope you guys can assist me... Thanks... :)

mithra

NOT a mind reader
You should be able to drag and drop them up and down in the list as you wish (I think :))

mishima

mithra said:
You should be able to drag and drop them up and down in the list as you wish (I think :))
Yeap, i was able to do so when i've freshly added the songs into the playlist. However, the drag & drop function seems to be restricted once i clicked on "sort by name, album, genre, etc".... how can i undo that? :(

Caligula

First of all, make sure shuffle is off. If it is on you can't change the order regardless of what category you have.

Itunes doesn't allow you to shuffle songs when you already have a category such as "name" or "album" selected. This is because they are already placed in an order... alphabetically or by track number. You must select the category that is blank to the left of name to be able to drag your songs.

mishima

Caligula said:
First of all, make sure shuffle is off. If it is on you can't change the order regardless of what category you have.

Itunes doesn't allow you to shuffle songs when you already have a category such as "name" or "album" selected. This is because they are already placed in an order... alphabetically or by track number. You must select the category that is blank to the left of name to be able to drag your songs.
Okays, i tried clicking the category that is blank on the left but it seems the same. Still cant get the playlist sorted out using drag and drop. :(

Not sure if i've done it correctly... any other suggestion to manually adjust the playlist ?
thankss