playing ipod through dock while conected to computer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

whslax1990

copenhagen
I bought my overpriced ipod dock :eek: a few weeks ago. I was extremly upset :eek: when i figured out you cant play anything through line out when the ipod says "ok to disconnect" or " do not disconnect" Since i have a double cable ( one that goes to the computer and another to the charger, it takes too much trouble to unplug one or the other. Is there anyway to disconnect the ipod from the computer without actually removing the usb cable?

SouthPaw

In itunes select the ipod in the left side then use the eject button in lower right pic below

Attachments

kloan

SSMoy
no, that doesn't work... ejecting it is what gives the message ok to disconnect... apple changed this in the firmware update so the only way is to either unplug it and plug it into the a/c adapter or to downgrade to 2.0.1, which is what i did... much better f/w imo.

SouthPaw

iTunes 4.6.0.15
Ipod 4g 40gig FW 3.01

Never get "ok to disconnect"
If I hit eject while in dock usb or firewire connected I either get the ipod main screen or the big charge graphic. The big charge graphic goes away if I hit menu.

A 4g owner who says Apple needs to get off their butts and support the 3g majority!!!

Last edited:

kloan

SSMoy
yes, i agree... i think it's rediculous that an older f/w is actually better than the newest available for the 3g.. my fondness for apple has taken a new direction since ive owned the ipod..

animalchin

kloan said:
yes, i agree... i think it's rediculous that an older f/w is actually better than the newest available for the 3g.. my fondness for apple has taken a new direction since ive owned the ipod..
does the older one work with the comments field? i have some smart playlists that work with that, and im curious if it works. thanks, and that screen does blow. how do you connect it back to your pc without mucking with the cable?