Playcounter doesn't work?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PHiX

So I like to keep track of how many times I listened to certain songs on my iPod, but for some reason that function just doesn't work anymore. My mostly listened to song has 14 play counts, while I've had my iPod for over a year now.

Also once in a while when I connect my iPod (4G) to the computer to transfer songs from iTunes to my iPod this little yellow triangle shows up in my taskbar, with the message that "Playcount.exe" (or something) is corrupt. I tried reinstalling iTunes, but that doesn't work. Maybe it's the firmware on the iPod that is corrupt?

I can't seem to fix it myself, maybe someone here can tell me how to solve this problem? I preferably do not completely reinstall my iPod, having to rip all my albums again... because that's definitely going to take all weekend... but if that's the only way to go then so be it.

GadgetGuru72

PHiX-

I have a detailed (and very long) thread about this issue. Click the "corrupt file" link in my sig, and read the first 5-6 posts in the thread where I've summarized everything.

If you have the latest firmware, you can ignore all the "temporary fixes" and other such information. That only applies to the older firmware.

To fix your problem, just follow the "chkdsk" instructions and repair the damaged file on your iPod.

PHiX

Thanks, I'll try it. It seems to be the exact problem I'm having.