Play Songs & Albums Continuously on Iphone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Steveromo

Two questions about continuous playback on my iphone music app...

1. If I call up an artist that has several albums, I can hit the PLAY button on the top of that artist's page and the phone will play ALL the albums in sequence. Awesome! But, If I stop after a while then later wish to continue where I left off, I go to the song on the "now playing" tab and press play, but now it will stop at the end of each album instead of continuously like before. Very annoying if you're on a project or driving! It also does this if I just go to that song in the artist's library and play it. How can you play albums continuously if you start in the middle of an artist's library? (Please don't tell me to build a playlist for EVERY artist in my phone!)

2. If I play an artist's library with shuffle on and have to stop, then re-start, I continue by again utilizing the "now playing" tab. The current song will play but afterward the songs re-shuffle, so I hear some of the same songs I heard last time! Can the app keep shuffling if played in multiple sessions?

Thanks for any replies!

cjmnews

Staff member
The iOS app behaves the way it was coded, we really can't change the behavior.

1. You would probably need to start the selection process of the artist over again, find the song you wanted to hear next and press play. The Now Playing tab seems to change the behavior as you have noticed.

2. It really isn't possible to prevent this behavior. The app doesn't have a way to track previously played tracks directly. I use smart playlists to get around this where I have a smart playlist of random songs, and play the playlist. That way if I continue in the playlist, the played tracks don't get played again.

gandrew

The iOS app behaves the way it was coded, we really can't change the behavior.

1. You would probably need to start the selection process of the artist over again, find the song you wanted to hear next and press play. The Now Playing tab seems to change the behavior as you have noticed.

2. It really isn't possible to prevent this behavior. The app doesn't have a way to track previously mcdvoice played tracks directly. I use smart playlists to get around this where I have a smart playlist of random songs, and play the playlist. That way if I continue in the playlist, the played tracks don't get played again.
thanks for the reply. I wanted to know the same

Last edited: