Philips HE-592

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bat-Hound

hey y'all... I just picked up the Philips HE592 in-ear 'phones at Target (part of their new iPod section) and I have to say I'm impressed with them. They cost $20 and are available in both black and white. I listen to a variety of music styles from showtunes to pop to rock to jazz and so far everything I've tried has a very nice sound to it... and they stay in my ear.

langdonauger

I intensely want to like these...look great, fit GREAT, nice silicone carry case...perhaps mine are bust or need a burn in, sounds like Ella is singin' into a pillow.

Podunk

I just picked up a pair of these today. First impression is pretty good. I'll give them a review when I've had some listening time and a chance to compare them side by side to my other favorite phones.

Podunk

Bathound, Langdonauger,

any further comments on the 592's yet? I'm pretty much diggin' em.

Lang, you imply they sound muffled. What phones do you normally listen to?

langdonauger

I just wanted to replace my stock buds for portable use, which have broken. I think the stock buds were much more alive than these. I can barely discern a snare from a bass drum. I also have a pair of AKG K240 (big reference things) unamped, and a $6 pair of Koss in-ear foamie things, unmodified. The AKG's are a whole different ball game, but give an idea as to how music is supposed to meet one's ears. The $6 Koss's sound richer than the Philips though too, and that is troubling. I pumped my stereo through the Philips for ten hours last night, no change this morning. They sound filtered, blocked, dead....all show no go, my initial thoughts. Must say, hope someone else would report disappointment, so I don't feel like such a buzzkill.

Podunk

Lang,
I can see where you're comin from. The mid-uppers are a bit fuzzy compared to my HE245(which I can't recommend strongly enough for $20 buds).

Side by side, the 592's have more of a concert hall type sound. Very large "soundstage" but missing a little clarity in middle highs.

But all in all, I still like them better than the Senn MX500, stock Apple or most other buds. My other fav is the Apple In-Ear with the Sony EX sleeves.

And my God, man. How can you mention the AKG's and the Koss Plug in the same sentence! I can't believe you don't find the Koss plugs muddy if you think the 592's are muted. Which just goes to show, beauty is in the ear of the beheaded...or something like that. :)

langdonauger

I know, perhaps I got lucky with the Koss's ("the plug") I had them in a drawer for a couple years, maybe they've aged well? I do like the easy, snug fit and semi-isolation of these Philips' though and I'm hoping they will open up more for me. And admittedly, I dig the jewel-like appearance (sorry I can't post a pic). It would be hard to walk by them and not pick them up.

I've ordered some grado sr60's though too, that should end my suffering! : )

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
parannoya said:
Lang,
Which just goes to show, beauty is in the ear of the beheaded...or something like that. :)

Got a nice chuckle off that ear of the beheaded....lol

sparkky

Let's see pix of the earphones; I can't find them on Target's webpage and I am curious what they look like. Thanks!

Podunk

After a few days with these...

I like the sound pretty well, but they don't quite match up to my Philips HE245 or Apple In-Ear w/Sony EX sleeve mod.

And I have a little trouble with them falling out of my ear if I'm active.

P

sparkky

oooh. those look cool. I need to make a trip to Target and check them out. what's the case you have? thanks Bat-Hound!

leelu92

I bought them today....and they won't stay in my ears. Any hints or advice in order to get them to stay? Otherwise, they are a $20 loss for me....

swift

Are they "In-Ear" style earbuds like the EX71's?
Any other complaints from anyone?

martek

I love them! I tried the EX71SL and sold them on ebay. These are so much better for me and I quickly used the stock earbuds and the sound was really tinny next to the Phillips earphones. I got the white at Target and am very happy. Only complaint would be to have the same length on both ears.

kdog126

Picked these earbuds up today and they sound a lot better than the stock earbuds and equivalent if not better than the Apple In-Ears. For $19.99 you can't beat the price. Compared to the Sony MDREX71SL they hold their own, but Sony wins because of the deeper bass.

Last edited: