Perfect Xterra Install? (2002-up)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chucka

I think i found a good solution to a cheap and easy dash install for an Xterra.

First you will need a Belkin Cup Holder kit. Mini or Regular Ipod kit should work. I have the Regular kit.

Take apart the kit so you only have the piece that holds the ipod that is connected to the little arm that screws into the cup thingies (like that word :) ). This is where i got creative. Where your cigarette lighter is on the dash right above the radio there are 2 little circles that have nothing there but a little sticker on them. You can use either the middle or the right one for this, your call. Take the little sticker off and screw the iPod holder into it. It fits almost perfect! This is where i'm going to get creative again. Since just screwing it in is not going to hold the weight of the ipod, what i'm going to do is disect the cup that has the part that the holder screws into and use it to screw it tight to the other side.

If you can't picture what I'm talking about, I will post a pic or two tomorrow of the first steps. If this actually works the way i plan it will be a great way to install it in an Xterra, and maybe other dashes that have a similar hole in the dash.

If anyone else has done something like this with the belkin car kit. let me know. i would like to see pics of it.

more tomorrow :)

chucka

ok, these are some crappy pics but i cant resize the bigger ones i have right now to be able to attatch them so i had to set my camera phone at low setting.

i ended up buying a mini kit since i switched to a mini today. and all i did was take the sticker off the hole and screw it in and it is very tight and it wont move. works perfect. if anyone wants a bigger pic pm me with your email address and i will send one or two

Attachments

Last edited: