PDF Viewing and Editing

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

drfergus

My girlfriend is a PHD student, and reads many, many articles a week for her classes, and they are all in PDF format. She doesn't like the idea of having to print all the articles off, and has already exceeded her 900 page quota for the year!

Because of this, she wants to start reading her articles electronically. We've looked at several e-readers (Sony, Nook, Kindle, etc.), but none of them please her, so we're looking at the iPad instead. The major make-it-or-break-it function for us is that the iPad has to be able to annotate PDF files, i.e. high light and insert notes.

Does any one know if you can annotate PDF files using the iPad?

I have tried annotating PDFs on my iPhone, assuming they will have similar functionality, but I haven't had any luck. I tried the built in PDF reader, and several 3rd party software PDF readers, and none of them will let me highlight text, or insert notes into the documents. My grilfriend has started reading her articles on her computer, and using Adobe Pro, she can do every thing she wants with the documents, but I know iPad won't have Adobe Pro because Apple and Adobe are like oil and water, sigh...

drfergus

I tried "FileApp", and "GoodReader". They are both the free versions of the applications. I'll try out "Aji Annotater".

wyneken

I'm intrigued by the ability mark up e-texts, which I gather from the video will be possible with PadNotes using the keyboard, not just scrawling with a finger?

Is PadNotes the only way to do this?