PC World Coverplan - Testimonial

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sam Williams

In March 2003, I bought myself an iPod (second generation, 10GB) from PC World. I also took out a three-year Coverplan at a cost of ??29.99.

The iPod's taken a huge battering this year, acccompanying me on a backpacking tour around China among other things, and has suffered some cosmetic damage. More seriously, the headphone jack (always the part I'd suspected would fail first) has fractured, leading to crackling interference when the unit moved around in my pocket.

Today, I took the iPod into PC World to arrange a repair under the Coverplan. I was therefore VERY pleasantly surprised when the member of staff explained that rather than having my unit repaired, I would be receiving at no charge:

A shrink-wrapped, brand new 40G fourth-generation iPod!

It's absolutely beautiful - so many little evolutionary touches. I'm over the moon! The lesson is also that one might want to consider the PC World extended cover plan when making one's iPod buying decision.

---

On a related note, you might therefore argue that I "saved" ??300 today on a new iPod. ;) Riding on that wave of euphoria and flawed logic, I just ordered myself a 12" iBook, extra RAM, 80GB drive, Bluetooth, slip case and ProTouch PB!

Today will henceforth be known as Apple Day in the Williams household :D

Last edited: