Pass-through in JoinTogether no longer working?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

javabird

I haven't used Join Together for awhile because the last version wasn't working for me, but I recently tried 5.2.1. The "pass-through" option doesn't seem to work on any of the AAC files I tried to join (all have the same bit rate and sample rate).

Is anyone else having this problem?

smoerkels

javabird said:
I haven't used Join Together for awhile because the last version wasn't working for me, but I recently tried 5.2.1. The "pass-through" option doesn't seem to work on any of the AAC files I tried to join (all have the same bit rate and sample rate).

Is anyone else having this problem?

i can copy the problem. i checked the bitrate and two files with 255,94 and 255,24 can't use the option "pass through".

ich will wait 6 month, maybe i check it again ...

TKNY

pass through

Is there any update on the pass through situation? It doesn't seem to be working still.

I want to use join together on an old Mac G4 to give my audiobooks chapters. I need to use my windows laptop to encode, it's newer and much faster. The passthrough option is always greyed out! :confused:

Thanks for any info!

TKNY

abr

S2_Mac said:
Doug's aware of it, and has a couple of suggestions. Search this forum for "pass through" (no quotes!) and you'll get oodles of information.
Thanks. It looks like the problem is ABR, and ripaacoldschool is the current temp fix?

That doesn't really help me, since I'm trying to do my encoding on Windows. :(

I don't suppose anyone knows a good windows aac ripper? I believe Nero does it, but I would rather not install that program.