Painful ratings with iOS 7

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

crashtestdummy

I installed iOS 7 on my iPad 3 without too much drama. One of the first things that I noticed though was the difficult to use music rating system. I finally found where you can change the ratings on tunes, however you have to toggle to another screen to actually get to the next song. Going back and forth between screens isn't going to work for me, I may go back to iOS 6 for just this reason alone.

Has anyone found a work around, or is this just more of Apple's attempt to get rid of the rating system?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
While playing music on the iPad, make sure you have Now Playing selected. Then its just a matter of tapping the artwork to bring the rating bar up above the artwork. This is a minor improvement over how it used to be in iOS 6, which required double-tapping to flip the artwork over for rating the song. What I don't like is the loss of full-screen artwork, but at least lyrics are back.

crashtestdummy

While playing music on the iPad, make sure you have Now Playing selected. Then its just a matter of tapping the artwork to bring the rating bar up above the artwork. This is a minor improvement over how it used to be in iOS 6, which required double-tapping to flip the artwork over for rating the song. What I don't like is the loss of full-screen artwork, but at least lyrics are back.
What I was doing in iOS 6 was to get the screen art display, go to the bottom right and click the parallel lines. This would bring up all the songs on the album, with the rating of the song that was playing. I could rate the song, then click the skip button, and the next song in that album, or the next album would be ready to rate. Nothing else to click. I still haven't found how to accomplish this in iOS 7.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I still haven't found how to accomplish this in iOS 7.
All you have to do is what I wrote above -- from Now Playing just tap the artwork to bring up the rating bar above the artwork.

You still have the Next/Prev buttons right there too if you want to rate more songs, although when the song changes you have to tap the artwork again to bring the rating bar back, which is a minor inconvenience.

crashtestdummy

All you have to do is what I wrote above -- from Now Playing just tap the artwork to bring up the rating bar above the artwork.

You still have the Next/Prev buttons right there too if you want to rate more songs, although when the song changes you have to tap the artwork again to bring the rating bar back, which is a minor inconvenience.
OK, I tried it and it's not as bad as the way I was doing it before. In fact, I like being able to see artwork instead of just a line on titles on a black background.