• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

P2P Unite!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PrintNameHere

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. http://p2punite.net/

It is basically a massive boycott of all media. Do not go to the movies, do not buy music, do not buy video games.

Basically a stand, telling the RIAA, MPAA and all them that we DO support their products, so stop fighting your consumers.

I am going to participate anyhow. The site does bring up some important points;

How many have bought a CD or watched a movie that turned out to be less than satisfactory? How many have felt cheated after a night out at the movies, having gone there after seeing trailers, commercials, and posters for another big box office release that turned out to be one of those "let's save the movie company a few bucks by fooling people into watching this dud during the first weekend" flicks? How many get sick to their stomachs while hearing about revenue losses after viewing an episode of "Cribs" on MTV? The production companies have the audacity to say that we are using people's creativity and talent, without paying for it. Well, guess what? Most P2P users actually do buy the products they like!

We continue to see fantasy figures about the kind of revenues the production companies would have had, if only their products were not obtainable online. Of course, it is complete and utter nonsense. They seem to be oblivious to the highly human trait they themselves possess: The Experience of Ownership. Everybody wants to own things. A pirated copy can never live up to the experience of a movie theatre or replace the sense of pride that comes from having a collector’s edition sitting on your bookshelf. Even those who the entertainment industry would paint as criminals are consumers too.

Anyhow, I thought I should share.

graphicgeek2

New York State, Not New York City, they are differ
There is one tragic flaw to all this. If everyone using p2p refused to buy new material, to stick it to the man, how could you share it? You'd be stuck listening to whatever got leaked from studio and thats it.

I won't even go into how using p2p to obtain copyrighted music is blah blah blah

PrintNameHere

enjoilax said:
This is rather ridiculous.

Just don't buy RIAA music. Get indie music.
Honestly, please explain how it is ridiculous? Customers are targeting big industries, not indie music.

It is as if you are trying to start a fight. I posted this just to pass it around. It you don't like it, please hit the back button.

I don't want this to turn into some big debate, which you seem to be aiming at.

wyneken

PrintNameHere said:
Honestly, please explain how it is ridiculous? Customers are targeting big industries, not indie music.

It is as if you are trying to start a fight. I posted this just to pass it around. It you don't like it, please hit the back button.

I don't want this to turn into some big debate, which you seem to be aiming at.
No, no. I don't think iMacc meant that at all. Quite the opposite.

This general topic -- evil record companies vs merry bands of noble file-sharers -- is almost guaranteed to devolve into a flame war, as iMacc points out. If you're into flame wars, or rehashing old arguments, then this is quite a good thing. If not, it's not.

PrintNameHere

VousDew said:
I was being sarcastic, thanks.
How dare you be sarcastic here?:rolleyes:

BTW, some people really need to get off their high horse around here, owning an iPod or a Mac product doesn't boost your status as a human being. It is becoming harder and harder to have a normal discussion without someone trying to brag.

[-Sivart91-]

iPod'n it up'!
If you TRULY support a band , how can you rip them off that much , they need to make money somehow. Now im not saying i don't use P2P sometimes but i mean i still buy most music.

Cheers

Travis