Overwriting Data when Updating Playlist

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CayceP

Hi-

I'm sure someone has already posted about this, but I'm new to the boards and wasn't able to track it down.

I'm using Mac OS 10.2, the newest iTunes, and all the current software for my mac. The problem is when I sync my iPod (15gig) with my playlist, it deletes songs on my iPod that I have deleted in iTunes. I will be placing a large amount of songs on my iPod when I will travel soon, so I don't want to overwrite any old data that is already on my iPod. Has anyone else had this problem?

To sum up: I delete old songs in iTunes that I want to keep on the iPod, but don't want on my comp. to save space, and the next time I update my iPod it deletes those old songs and I'm back to the start.

Maybe this is confusing... Anyway, any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-CayceP

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
Firstly,

Hello and welcome to iPodlounge.

Secondly,

Please be sure to post your topics in the apporpriate forum in the future.

Thirdly,

I reccomend you set your iPod t be manually updated. iTunes will always sync the iPod with either the Library or a selected playlist unless it is set to manual update.

CayceP

Thanks/Sorry

Hello-

Thanks for your help and my apologies... After posting I realized it was in an entirely different forum than where I should have posted. :( Sorry.

I'll set it to manual.

-CayceP