Overdrive Audio Books

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stitchersflock

When we move next month, the Phoenix public library system uses overdrive.com for their downloadable books. Has anyone successfully gotten overdrive books to play on a 60gb Ipod video or any ipod for that matter? I have an audible.com account and I love it and use it religiously. But heck I burn through two books a month in no time, so if I could also check out books from the library to put on the potential new ipod I'd be tickled pink!

Thanks!

cjmnews

Staff member
I live in the same library district as you are moving to, what I do is check out the CDs of the books. If they don't have them in the physical location, request them. They usually show up in a week.

julies

Overdrive Audiobooks

In order to put an overdrive audiobook on you ipod, you have to first burn it to cd, then import to your ipod. Most of the titles can be burned to cd, but some do not allow you to burn to cd. I have a separate player for my overdrive books that cannot be burned to cd.
It's kind of a pain to do it this way. My library's website states clearly that the
e-audiobooks are NOT compatible with the ipod. You have to find a device that plays protected WMA files.

robert

Retired
julies said:
... to put an overdrive audiobook on you ipod, ... you have to first burn it to cd, then import to your ipod. ... I have a separate player for my overdrive books that cannot be burned to cd.
... My library's website states clearly that the e-audiobooks are NOT compatible with the ipod. You have to find a device that plays protected WMA files.
Not so. There are a couple of easy ways to convert these protected WMA files without the pain of burning to CDs. However, the US Centenial Digital Rights Management Act appears to prohibit even telling someone how to do this. Have a close look at all the ways to convert, some of which are linked in signature below, and you can probably figure out how to do this. Any pc will play protected WMA files for which it is licensed. Take it from there. Try a google of "record copy-protected music and audio books at ultra-high speed" An iLounge search on the result will then provide some help.

Last edited: