Outlook sync with iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dallas99

I purchased an iphone this evening, 7:15pm, no line whatsover, took less than 3 minutes at Dallas Knox St. Store.

Everything configured great, however, it is not synching with my Outlook. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike Rodrigue

iPhone sync to Outlook problem

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to sync from Outlook 2007 on Windows XP to my iPhone. It says it's syncing my contacts, schedule and email accounts but once it's complete there's no data there.

I just spent three hours on the phone with Apple iPhone support. We tried creating a new post office in a new windows user account without success. We were able to sync contacts using Outlook Express. This gets me going but I use Outlook for work and using Outlook Express really isn't feasible for me.

My final position with Apple was that they asked me to take it to Microsoft as an Outlook problem. My fear here is that Microsoft will just tell me that they don't support other vendor prodcuts and that I'll be nowhere.

If anyone knows anything helpful I'd be glad to hear it.

MontaLomaDave

Not all calendar events syncing

I'm running XP with Outlook 2007. Everything works as advertised except not all my calendar events are syncing. I haven't figured out the pattern yet, but none of the recent calendar events show up on the iPhone. I'll keep working at it and post the solution when I find it. Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Dave

Chap

Vista with OL2007 works for me, though I haven't tried any calendar stuff yet.

wndctyboy

Outlook worked for me perfect just before I upgrade iTunes to vers.7.3 so I can sync the iPhone. As of right now I can't use outlook at all, every time I start outlook a get an error and shuts down. I hope bot apple and microsoft will issue a fix soon. I use to be able to upload music in to my iPod manually and it's not possible to do this with iPhone, I have to sync the folders, I hate this also but I will live with it. The phone is great, I miss the voice commands, I hope the second generation will have this feature built in.

doctorrick

outlook problem also

sorry for your trouble with outlook, but am glad it is not just me.
i had the same problem where outlook would start to load then say "outlook has stopped working" and shutdown. I was able to open outlook in safe mode, and use most features (open in safe mode by holding ctrl button while clicking outlook icon. it will say do you want to open in safe mode, and click yes)
eventually it has started working, which i makes me happy, but i don't know why it did. i had previously tried a bunch of things that did not help (system restore/restarts/etc)
everything seems fine with outlook now.

however my iphone continues to sync only some of my calender entries, and not others, with no pattern i can figure out. it initially only synced some of my contacts, but they all eventually got in.
it would be great if anyone has any ideas, as right now what i have had to do is put in the missing appointments into my iphone, then when i sync, my desktop has double entries.
annoying but i can live with it until someone comes up with a better fix.

Last edited:

sxp16

See apple iphone forums

I have been having the same issue -

Apple's iphone forum has outlined a fix that has only worked for me once but has to do with the COM buttons in Outlook (Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options->Com Add-Ins for Outlook 2003).

I guess both apple com add-ins need to stay 'checked' but one or both of them keep unchecking.

Hopefully they'll fix it with the next itunes update.

PaulM-D

Unreliable Calendar Sync

Same problem here. Outlook 2007. Most sync but some don't. I thought it had to do with recurring appointments since two in particular were. I deleted both and re-entered them into Outlook. Resync'ed and guess what - one sync'ed - the other didn't. I am baffled. But obviously there is a bug somewhere and I hope Apple/MS figures it out or this will get returned in another week. I cannot have a Calendar that does not sync properly. Bad enough that it does not do push email with Exchange.

MontaLomaDave said:
I'm running XP with Outlook 2007. Everything works as advertised except not all my calendar events are syncing. I haven't figured out the pattern yet, but none of the recent calendar events show up on the iPhone. I'll keep working at it and post the solution when I find it. Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Dave

waltermy

Yes, unreliable Outlook sync

I'm having the same problem in that recurring appointments and invites sent to me appear to sync, but regular appointments don't. "All day" events sometimes show up, and sometimes don't. I work for Microsoft, and I'm certain the problem is with the iPhone reading the Outlook store. How frustrating. I really wanted this to replace my SmartPhone. And yes, the lack of ActiveSync to sync wirelessly with Exchange is a real downer!!!

Last edited:

HVerbesey

dallas99 said:
I purchased an iphone this evening, 7:15pm, no line whatsover, took less than 3 minutes at Dallas Knox St. Store.

Everything configured great, however, it is not synching with my Outlook. Does anyone have any ideas?
Have you changed the location of your .pst file from the default location? If so, you are a victim of a bug in iTunes which seems to have hardcoded the location of the .pst file and you will not be able to sync unless you move the .pst file to it's default location.

It took me 3 days to diagnose why I could not sync with Outlook.

Herb

verblej

I'm having the same calendar issues. Some appear while others don't. This is killing me, as I was a Goodlink user previous. I hope Apple fixes this calendar issue, I need this to work minimally. :(

bigdipper

HVerbesey said:
Have you changed the location of your .pst file from the default location? If so, you are a victim of a bug in iTunes which seems to have hardcoded the location of the .pst file and you will not be able to sync unless you move the .pst file to it's default location.

Herb

would you be willing to share the steps needed to accomplish this task or provide a link showing how this is done on an XP machine?

thanks...

philapod

I had no problem syncing with Office 2003 ... but my brother and my dad initially had trouble syncing with outlook 2000. We had an upgrade disc for Office XP laying around so we upgraded and then it started syncing! So if anyone else is using office 2000, maybe it's not supported? Or maybe you just need to run an install/upgrade to freshen up your copy of Office?

Oh yea, and my brother found a way around the syncing problem with outlook.
He went on yahoo mail, used the import function to import his outlook stuff to his yahoo account. Then synced his iPhone with his Yahoo account. Everything worked. Then he synced his iPhone to Outlook, and stuff magically started working. Odd eh? It's like it just needed a little boost.

So I hope this helps someone. Good luck.

bajjab

The Outlook syncing has been driving me nuts too. I haven't been able to narrow down why one appointment syncs and another doesn't. However I did just try something that seems to have resolved some issues.

Not sure if this would work for anyone else, but my company used a custom form in our outlook calendar (it has some special meeting template we're supposed fill out). normally, i'd just clear out the contents of the form and save my appointment. I set new appointments to use the default form (IPM.appointment) instead of the custom form and had success syncing. Maybe give that a shot?

to set you form:

Select Go > Folder List
right click on Calendar in the folder list and select Properties
Set When posting to this folder, use: toIPM.appointment

marcfogel

I created a recurring appointment in OL 2007 every Friday 9:00-10:00 am. It synced with the iPhone yet showed up every Friday 5:00-6:00 am. I deleted the appointment on the iPhone and and turned off Calendar Time Zone Support. Synced again and it showed up on the iphone at the correct time.

This calendar synch is a real joke.

Harmaninder

HVerbesey said:

Herb
Same issue was here also. When i was using Outlook2003 everything was working fine. recently i have upgraded it to Outlook2007, since then it start sync wih my Handheld.

MY outlook worked on .ost not on .pst.

Harmaninder

SteveFLHTCI

Dunno if you ever found the pattern to this, but I discoveredsomething today. Recurring appointments that had an end date were not syncing except the first one. Recurring appointments with no end date had no problem. I changed all the recurring with end dates to individual appointments and everything synced fine. This is definitely a problem wtih the iPhone a it worked fine with Activesync and my Axim.

txaggie94

Do you have more than one Outlook profile?

Make sure you only have a single Outlook profile. I had three Outlook profiles, and my iphone was syncing with one that wasn't my default. I removed the two extra profiles (Control Panel - Mail Settings), and iPhone works like a charm.

-Katie

onliner

Sync with Outlook 2003

Hey...

I don't know if it helps, but...

My first iphone sync was with an xp and outlook 2003 installed on VM. Everything was working well except the timezone problems.
Then, i tried to do a sync from my home computer (Not a VM) and Iphone wen't GAGA...
No sync accured.
Then, Sync it again from the VM (After fixing time zone problems between VM and host)
And all worked well.
I'm not sure i know what happend, but i guess if uninstalling outlook completely (There is tools for Outlook complete deletion, look for one of them in google..) and u just might enjoy your Iphone calander as well...

Good Luck!