Ordered my iPad. How will I sync it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wmelnick

I pre-ordered a 16GB wifi model for delivery Apr 3rd. I already have an iphone 3G. I am going to want them set up so that all of my music and ringtones go to the iPhone and all of my video and ebooks go to the iPad. I have a single computer with a single user and certainly do not want to change that just to accommodate the introduction of an iPad.

I already have the iPhone only synching the music that belongs to a specific (and very large) playlist so that it does not try to sync my entire library. Will that strategy work the same for video and ebooks on the ipad? Is iTunes smart enough to remember from device to device that I only want certain types of media on one and certain others on the second? I have never tried to sync more than one device because I regularly only sync one (I have an old 60GB ipod out in the car, but I do not use iTunes with that one.)

Thank in Advance,
Warren

CJNeverWinter

I Hunt Sock Monsters!
Website
www.moviereviewz.us
yes iTunes will remember the settings for each device. for example I have an iPhone 3Gs which has mostly music and podcasts loaded on it while my iPod Touch has all of my videos loaded on it. you'll be able to select which videos, applications, music, etc go on the iPad and iTunes will remember those options.

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
Ditto.
iTunes will let you set up different sync settings for every device. I have an iPod Touch and 60 gb 5G iPod. Obviously one holds more than the other, and they don't all handle the same kinds of data. Clickwheel games never sync to the iPod Touch, iPod Touch games never sync to the 5G iPod. Because I like to hook the 5G iPod to the television, more videos sync to it. They both get photos, but not all the same photos. I also have an iPod shuffle which only syncs to one, much smaller playlist. All from the same user account using the same iTunes library. Basically all the set up you did setting the sync preferences for the iPhone you will have to do again for the iPad, but it will have no effect on your iPhone syncing. You can choose to sync the same playlists or different playlists. And some items will not be "syncable" with some devices. So far it looks like eBooks will not sync to the iPhone, and very likely ring tones will not sync to the iPad.