• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Ordered a 15" PB refurb

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ToddW

Website
www.dicksonstreet3.com
Well I ordered my first apple Saturday. I ordered a powerbook 15" 1.25 Ghz w/superdrive refurb. I'm kind of nervous about getting a refurb, I thought it was a little bit of a risk.

MikeM

Retired
As long as you got it through Apple or a licensed reseller, you should have received something of a warranty. Definitely test everything out asap.

I've had good luck with refurbs as well as others that I know. But just like stuff that's brand new, you're always gambling a little.

Do you plan on switching the iPod over to the mac?

ToddW

Website
www.dicksonstreet3.com
Yeah, I got the refurb through the apple store. I do plan on switching the ipod over to the mac. One of the reasons I am "switching" is due to the ilife apps. As well as I find myself needing a laptop more and more each day. The PC will still be around if I need it and still plan to use it for games and other software that I still use. The laptop will turn into my everday computer.

I ordered a 160GB external drive to house all the photos, videos, and music that is on the PC. That looks to be a pretty big chore. I am thinking of reripping a lot of my CD's to AAC, all my old stuff is in mp3, when iTunes for Windows came out, I started ripping in AAC.

It seems like I have a bit of a chore coming up.

jh-retired

Worry not about your refurb.

Apple refurbs are AWESOME. They're in tip-top shape, they still come with the same 1-year warranty, and they're still eligible for the same 3-year AppleCare program (at the same additional price).

You made the good choice. :D

ToddW

Website
www.dicksonstreet3.com
Yeah, I really hope it looks brand new. I must admit I am a bit nervous. It will be here Friday. It looks like it really will be a "good friday". Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.