Order now or wait for the sotres (Toronto)?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miniMAMF

Order now or wait for the stores (Toronto)?

Hi Guys

Looking to get a new 30GB. There are 2 Apple stores in this city. The guy at the Yorkdale store said that the 2GB and 4GB nano's are in already, but the full-size and the 8GB nano should only be a few more days. Certainly that could get me one by Tuesday, but only if that's actually true. The Apple store at the Eaton Centre said they weren't sure when they were coming in.

If I order from apple.ca, how long should it take? They say up to 3 days handling and 8 days ground shipping....that could be two weeks before I get it.

Any thoughts on how to get it faster? Order online today, or wait and see if the stores get stock next week?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Website
www.ilounge.com
Actually, there are three Apple Stores in Toronto (there's one out at Sherway that opened on Sept 2nd).

However, the three stores tend to keep the same stock of items, with the Eaton's Centre store generally having the largest supply.

At this point, they only have the 2Gb Nano (Silver) and the 4Gb Nano (Silver & Green colours) at any of the stores (although at least one user on these forums claims to have purchased an 8Gb Nano at the Yorkdale store when they first came in, they obviously had a very limited supply).

I've ordered my 80Gb 5G as of Tuesday, and it has yet to ship (although the "expected ship date" is listed as the 15th).

Bottom line is that it's probably a coin toss at this point. You could however place an order online and if the stores get stock before your order ships, cancel the order.

miniMAMF

Thanks for the reply. Something tells me the stores will come through quicker. Besides, if there's a problem with my unit, it would be a lot easier to get an exchange at a store than wait for shipping back to apple.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Actually, while you're probably right about the stores having stock sooner (especially if you haven't ordered one online already), you can still get an exchange at a store regardless of whether your ordered it online or not.

Last year when the 60Gb 5G came out, I ordered mine online, thinking it would be faster than waiting for the stores to get stock (keeping in mind all we had was Yorkdale at that point as well). The reality is that mine arrived around the same time they showed up in the stores, so it made little difference.

However, my first unit was defective (would freeze when loading a lot of new tracks on), so I took it into the Yorkdale store and they were happy to exchange it for me. In fact, the item was so new that they didn't have any refurbished "service units" to give me at that point, so they exchanged it outright for a brand new one.

miniMAMF

Thanks, that's good to know. I guess now with 3 Apple stores in Toronto, Apple is finally acknowledging the Canadian market seriously, so I'm hoping the stores will have them sooner. I remember having to wait 6 months before I could get my hands on a Mini when they first came out in the US.

edit: you had a 60GB and you just ordered an 80!??! Wow - that's an iPod user! I'm getting a 30GB and with 13GB of music and no video, I'm thinking it'll last at least until they release the nano-sized 64GB flash version 3 years from now.

Last edited: