Orbino iPod case info

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

digidawg

I was wondering if anyone has ordered an ipod case from Orbino? Last Sunday 01/29 I ordered this case from Orbino.com. I read a couple of great reviews and I really liked the look of the case. 4 days later when I check the status of my order the site says that it is still pending. I have not had a response to my email and I tried calling their 1-800 number but the phone did not ring. I only heard a beep and then dead air. It sounds like Orbino has gone out of business. My credit card HAS NOT been charged but they do have my card information with the pending status on my order. I'm very confused. I thought this would be a reputable place to do business.

forsmark

Here is a thread about Orbino
http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145358

Your situations seems really strange. I know they're backlogged and got more orders than expected, so I think it is because they are receving too many mails/orders right now and that is why they haven't answered. I think you can expect shipping in one or two weeks.

***Please note: Product on Back-Order.***
Taking orders for shipment mid-February.

I have only have great experiences with their customer support (I live in Europe so they will ship the case from Italy for me instead of the US).
I know that one of the guys in customer support has flewn to Italy (probably to oversee the production) so that is probably the reason they dont answer the phone:
So sorry for the late response. I am in Italy right now and We are currently a little back logged on orders .

I just think they're taken by surprise by the large amount of orders they have received. Just look at Vaja who had to extend the production time to 45 days and then stop all new orders.

digidawg

I hope that being backlogged is all that it is. I can understand being busy and being backlogged but I cannot understand not hearing a response from the company, especially phone. It is almost as if the company is no longer there. It's been two days since my email inquiring about service and I have not had a reply in that respect either. It's just not a good way to do business.

I suppose I will just wait and see if I get a response or if my card is ever charged and the case shows up at my doorstep.

Skrat

I e-mailed Orbino yesterday about shipping costs to Sweden and I got a prompt reply from Michael at Orbino who stated that it would arrive in 4-6 days. Maybe it has something to do with the material selected for your case. I opted for the Cognac Handstained case.

Either way, try sending another e-mail and Good Luck!

forsmark

Digidawg, you must have been unlucky, I've only have good things to say about Orbino's customer service. I hope they can solve their supply/demand problems, but I guess the demand for high end Ipod cases is really high. (maybe I should start making one myself ;) )

1265GBP

By and far, what do people think of the Orbino case???

digidawg

I did finally receive an email response to my inquiry. Apparently there is a huge backlog and they are doing their best to keep up. My case should arrive in 10 days or so and to make up for the delay they have offered 10% off of a future purchase. I was happy to hear from them I only wish I would have received a confirmation email shortly after I placed the order.

Here is a portion of the email that I received:

Thanks for your message.
Actually, we are the ones who should have gotten back in touch with you much sooner. My apologies. We want to offer excellent customer service to accompany the quality of our products, but quite frankly we were not prepared for the overwhelming response after the launch of our new iPod case.

I can confirm that we have received your order of the black cambio case for the 60-gb iPod. Shipments are going out a little later than expected for the 60GB version. We are producing them as quickly as possible -- but it still takes time as they are handcrafted one by one in our workshop in Italy. We are getting there and you can plan to be one of the first proud owners of your case in about 10 days. Again, my apologies for the delay. We value you as our customer, and as a gesture for your patience in waiting for your case -- aside from free shipping, we are going to offer you a 10% discount on any future order with Orbino. We hope you will love your case when you receive it, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Kindest regards,
Michael
Orbino

I wanted to include this reply for all to read in case anyone might be hesitant about purchasing a case from Orbino. I personally can't wait to receive my new case.

Skrat

1265GBP said:
By and far, what do people think of the Orbino case???

I think it is by far the most beautiful and well-crafted case for the iPod 5G. Of course it is a matter of taste but for those that want a high quality case, you can't go wrong with the Orbino.

Things I like about it:

Handcrafted, excellent workmanship
Palladium metal for the click wheel and the belt clip
optional screen protector
belt clip can be used as a stand and is removeable
the colour choices (opted for the Cognac stained myself)

Things I dislike: Price....but hey, you pay for quality!

1265GBP

Skrat said:
I think it is by far the most beautiful and well-crafted case for the iPod 5G. Of course it is a matter of taste but for those that want a high quality case, you can't go wrong with the Orbino.

Things I like about it:

Handcrafted, excellent workmanship
Palladium metal for the click wheel and the belt clip
optional screen protector
belt clip can be used as a stand and is removeable
the colour choices (opted for the Cognac stained myself)

Things I dislike: Price....but hey, you pay for quality!
How is the fit???

Is there a click wheel protector?

forsmark

Since they make one model for the 30gb and one for the 60GB the fit should be excellent. Unlike Piel Frama and Knomobags which I first opted to buy.
The screenprotector covers the whole front and thus protect the clickwheel as well.

Now they have added a customizable Orbino case as well. $90 bucks is the prize for being unique.

1265GBP

forsmark said:
Since they make one model for the 30gb and one for the 60GB the fit should be excellent. Unlike Piel Frama and Knomobags which I first opted to buy.
The screenprotector covers the whole front and thus protect the clickwheel as well.

Now they have added a customizable Orbino case as well. $90 bucks is the prize for being unique.
Do you have the Orbino Forsmark?

If you do, how does the click whell work with the protector?

Protective screen scratcing issues?

Anything else would be appreciated..

forsmark

No, haven't received it yet so I don't know. I have ordered it without the screenprotector since I already have a BSE on it. Since it looks slim it shouldn't be any problems to control the clickwheel and it is exchangable so if it gets scratched up you can always put on another one.

Skrat

I haven't recieved mine yet either so it's hard to say what the fit will be like although I would imagine it will be fine. Forsmark made sure they got tons of business with his thread on this case so they are pretty backlogged right now lol.

forsmark

Skrat said:
I haven't recieved mine yet either so it's hard to say what the fit will be like although I would imagine it will be fine. Forsmark made sure they got tons of business with his thread on this case so they are pretty backlogged right now lol.
Yeah, I almost regret it ;) .
However it is still worth it since someone tipped me that they could send the case directly from Italy =)
Even though it probably will take another week...

Skrat

Forsmark, what advantage was there in getting it shipped from Italy to Sweden instead of the U.S? You mentioned Customs in the other thread, howwould that affect the shipment and what was your shipping cost (if you don't mind my asking).

So far, I haven't requested that they send it from Italy instead...I wanted to find out the advantages first.

Skrat

Thanks for the info, Forsmark! I sent off an e-mail just now to Michael at Orbino requesting shipping from Italy instead of the U.S. Since my order is still "Pending", I doubt that there will be a problem.

Skrat

Just an update for those waiting on Orbino cases, my order has now gone from "pending" to "processing". I guess that means they are finally getting caught up with all the orders.

First one to get one, remember to post pics!

ayn

Website
blog.andrewng.com
Likewise, it's at "processing" now... Will take some pics when I get it... I was told the end of next week...

--Andrew

Skrat said:
Just an update for those waiting on Orbino cases, my order has now gone from "pending" to "processing". I guess that means they are finally getting caught up with all the orders.

First one to get one, remember to post pics!