Optoma Neo Projector Dock or AAXA M2 + Tweakers?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

megabear

Ok I got a question for those that know - I'm debating between the Optoma Neo Dock with pico projector or the AAXA M2 projector + Tweakers. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Optoma Neo Dock
http://www.projectorsuperstore.com/product_details.cfm?productid=29270&aid=GoogleRSS

Pros:
All in one system
Optoma name
Probably great speakers
Cons:
Expensive at $449
Lumens is only 50
Resolution is only 858x480
It's really big

2. AAXA M2 + Cable + Tweakers
AAXA Technologies M2 Micro Projector | Overstock.com

Pros
Less expensive $344 on Amazon
Better resolution (1024x768)
Better brightness (110 lumens)
More portable

Cons
Have to have 2 separate devices
Not Optoma brand quality

What do you guys think? I like the idea of the Optoma dock, I just wish it wasn't the size of my Playstation...

posterczar

Aaxa is junk

I picked up the M2 over the holidays and it was a less than pleasant experience. Do not buy this direct from Aaxa, they will charge you a 20% restocking fee to return it. :shake: Restocking fees seem like a way to make money on a crappy product.

First, they charged my card and did not ship the item until I emailed a week later to ask were it was. Unit arrived and I was totally underwhelmed by the performance, judging from their website you would think this was the great development in LED projection. It wasn't. The color is terrible as well as the focus and the fan was considerably louder than the five year old Sharp Notevision it was meant to replace. It's crap... period. Save your money and look at one of the LG units, I hear good things about them.

So I returned it two day air at my expense and guess what, another week goes by and there is no refund. I had to call and remind them to refund my money. They even tried to say the item had never arrived but UPS delivery notification said differently. So finally get a refund notice and sure enough they have deducted $80 off the purchase price. you would think after all that they would refund the full amount. Guess not... buyer beware.

megabear

Poster - Thanks for your input. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with AAXA. I do have a different experience - I ended up purchasing the M2 which worked great for about 2 days until I ended up dropping it off the desk. The colors then became only red. I ended up calling AAXA, spoke with a nice guy named Chang and they swapped me out a new projector right away!

As for the restocking fees I think it's normal for projectors - I used to work stock at Good Guys one of the few products they charged restocking fees on was projectors because people would always buy them and return them for weddings, presentations, etc - it was a big headache sending them back to corporate warehouse. To get that fee waived it was a big deal, the store manager had to ok it.

Anyways, I like my projector, i'll write a review if anyone cares.

vplc

megabear how are those speakers? i was thinking of buying those.