One month later... seemingly dead iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bat-Hound

Today was my iPod's one-month anniversary. It had been sitting in the dock of the inMotion speakers for about a day and a half since I wasn't able to use it all day yesterday. When I remove it from the dock (at about 4pm), the CHARGED display is showing and is stuck there. Can't get any of the buttons to work. Neither pluggng it into the computer nor the AC adapter does anything either. Nothing happens. Sigh...

Scour both this site and the Apple support pages and try to do a re-set. The CHARGED window disappears and is replaced by a blank screen. Try to re-set again. Still nothing. Since I had to go out tonight, I figured I'd just let it sit there and deal with it when I got back. Try plugging it in the AC adapter again at around 11pm. Lo and behold, the Apple logo appears and then the low battery indicator flashes quickly and then the Apple logo again. And it's stuck there.

I try another re-set. The Apple logo disappears. And then nothing but a blank screen. And that's where I'm at now.

I'm guessing the battery drained while sitting in the inMotion speakers. I figure I'll just let it sit overnight unplugged to anything and see what I've got in the morning. It's kind of hard to follow the suggestions on the Apple site when I can't get the 'Pod to do ANYthing.

I'm guessing calling the Apple store I bought it from won't help since the receipt only allows 10 days for returns (unless that doesn't include defective models).

Sigh... happy one-month anniversary iPod.
:(

Bat-Hound

oh, yeah, it's under warranty... i was just bemoaning my fate.

The good news is that I LOVE my local Apple store! I took the iPod in this morning and they switched it out for a new one. :D Life is good once more.