On the go....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Wow, i just discovered this yesterday.

Lets say you have shuffle enabled on your ipod. If you load up a nice selection of songs on an on-the-go play list, and play the list you will find that when you go back to the listing of on the go songs (the play list view) that if you select a song, instead of the ipod restarting the play list, and having your selection as song 1 of xxx, it will be the track number the ipod has sorted it in the shuffle mode, which is awsome. I wish the regular play lists would do that too, but when i checked... they didnt.

If anyone doesnt know what i mean, or already knew this... let me know

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
Haha, bah i cant explain this very well. Its like instead of starting the play list again with the song you selected as being the first track, it skips ahead to that track in its "shuffled" list.

Lets say you have the following songs in this order in your OTG play list on the ipod:

song1
song2
song3
song4

And when you select the play list to play the ipod shuffles it, this is how it stores the list in its memory or something:

song3
song1
song4
song2

So it starts playing song 3, but then when you go back to the on the go play list view, it still shows as 1,2,3,4. If you click on song 4, instead of re-shuffling the play list with 4 as being track 1, it will skip ahead to track 3 of 4, as that is where it is in its shuffled list.

All of the other play lists dont do this, it would be nice if they did, that way i could control what song i want to hear next, even in a shuffled play list.

Last edited:

ZoidbergD

Oh, so a song retains its spot in the OTG playlist, despite switching on and off the shuffle feature numerous times?

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
No...., i didnt mention anything about switching on and off the shuffle feature.

Im saying that normally when you are browsing a play list that is already playing, and you find a song that you like, when you press the select button to play it, it will restart the play list, and that song will be track 1.

With on the go, it doesnt restart the play list, it skips ahead to whatever track that is.