OMG The new iTrip is out

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ashawley

Website
www.
That's been up for a while now. I would say that since they are still accepting pre-orders that it's not officially "out". ;)

Adam

bob622

Griffin tecnology sucks. They promised to ship on July 21, then changed it to "shipping soon". It's been like that for weeks. I would count on getting your 3G iTrip about when the 4G iPods come out.

psxguy85

chinieman2002 said:
The new i trip for the 3rd Gen is out.

Click Here

I can't believeit's finally out. But it only accepts pre-orders only though.
Great...thanks for bringing my hopes up, you ###. :mad: What a deceiving topic name. Can SOMEONE change the title?

mongoos150

bob622 said:
Griffin tecnology sucks. They promised to ship on July 21, then changed it to "shipping soon". It's been like that for weeks. I would count on getting your 3G iTrip about when the 4G iPods come out.
How does their shipping time have anything to do with their technology? They may have lousy shipping times, but their products rock.

dmbustaball

When I called they told me they were having production problems, which I would believe. He said they will be able to start producing a couple hundred a week and they are back ordered for around 2000. They are waiting the final mold and will start production in the next week or two.

usna2k

I got an e-mail from Griffin today, saying that it will now be released in early SEPTEMBER - not August. This truly is becoming annoying.

chinieman2002

The Beginning of A Book
Re: Re: OMG The new iTrip is out

psxguy85 said:
Great...thanks for bringing my hopes up, you ###. :mad: What a deceiving topic name. Can SOMEONE change the title?
Sorry Guy, Never new a Topic could hurt sum1s fellings

bob622

[From Nick] How does their shipping time have anything to do with their technology? They may have lousy shipping times, but their products rock.

No, their technology doesn't suck, but the name of the company is "Griffin technology". And they suck. They have pushed the date for the new iTrip to "middle of September". Right. Given their track record, that means December. The new iTrip is just the old iTrip in a different plastic case. How could it take so long to make a piece of plastic?

gijohn

I apologize for my ignorance, but what do you folks feel is the easiest way to play iPod thru your car stereo? The iTrip (new) or Belkins FM transmitter? Don't they accomplish basically the same results? And the FM station in your car you "search" for ...... I assume you look for a station that is NOT in use in your area. AND (sorry :rolleyes: ) is there any interference between one of the above products and the Auto Kit power cord to the car's electric source. Thanks again!! Don't own an iPod .... YET! ..... but like to be a conscientious buyer.

ssper

Musicmonomaniac
In Southern Cal, I've found external FM transmitters to be very poor. Here, every frequency is in use (either in LA, OC, or SD), so there's always hiss as you drive around (no matter what frequency you use).

Built-in FM modulators work better in this area because they bypass the antenna when they're switched on, so you don't get much interference from broadcast stations.

Impulse29

How does Griffin suck? their products are innovative, and obviously everyone posting here came because they want the iTrip? Therefore, if a company like Griffin didn't exist, then you'd all be complaining.

It is better that they delay the product, and release one that is fully functional, rather than one with bugs and stuff...

SYch0

I'm in new england and i got a belkin fm transmitter. Its pretty good as a fm transmitter. However, ive only had it a month or so, and the wire that goes from the transmitter to the ipod is all worn. I have to fuss with it to try and get both left & right to sound. Some positions i get only left, others only right, and others neither at all. It is a rather crappy design in my opinion. The itrip is obviously better. I want a new one, but i already preordered the itrip like the rest of you. I really dont want to have to buy another belkin. It appears on its last life. Hurry up griffin!

noguy

itrip + iskin

Hi, do any of you know if iskin and itrip work together or do i need a different case? Thanks

apu

Here's a question: Will the new iTrip's work with an old iPod?
I understand that the remote jack on the new one would be interfering with the pod, and I would have to position it sideways (or file it off...). But, if I could manage to get the iTrip's 1/8" jack to fit perfectly with the old pod, would it work?

For those of you asking yourself "why the heck doesn't he just buy an old one?" , read my post regarding the iTrip and my iSee case, here.

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
Doesn't the itrip get it's power through the remote jack? On the old one you'll notive it has the same outer ring as your remote cable does, that bit transmits power and information to and from your remote.

well Griffin utilize that by having the power source for the remote power the itrip. On the oldd ones it's the ring shaped bit and on the new ones it's the seperated rectangular remote jack.

So no a new itrip will not work with an old ipod! Sorry...

January2712

Cool........

Just got my 15GB iPod.......I'm thinking of buying the FM transmitter......

I wonder why the iTrip hasn't arrived in your countries.....i saw the official Apple store selling iTrip for the new iPods......ha ha...it may be due to the fact that most products are made in China...

Androoos

usna2k said:
I got an e-mail from Griffin today, saying that it will now be released in early SEPTEMBER - not August. This truly is becoming annoying.
Sounds kinda like the ongoing saga of Iskin.com... :mad: