OK this thing is junk

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gstspyder

why all the dead iPod's i thought. don't people baby them like I do? then BAM! my ipod's drive died just like that! ??? I just purchased the thing too. the few times I was able to take it out and use I kept it in a case in a padded bag, can't be to careful I thought. but noooo sitting on the desk snug in it's cradle the thing ups and dies ripping it's guts out internally, I guess in some cupperchino kepasu.

so my question is
why all the dead iPod's
why so young?:confused:

graphicgeek2

New York State, Not New York City, they are differ
If its young return it, its still under warranty. As to why so many seem to go, well its just hardware, hardware fails, it just that there aren't really diehard forums for Maxtor external HD, so you hear about iPods failing more. Sorry about your iPod, hope they replace it without hassle.

gstspyder

it just seems that there's been a rash of post's about not being able to connect to itunes under xp, which was my original problem.

I reinstalled xp to solve that and find that the hard drive died.
so
did it die first and that's why xp and itunes could not find it?
i think so. but why?
and why a large group of people haveing the same problem around the same time?
could an xp update wipe out ipods hard drive's?
I only know that I kept my ipod in a dock conected to the computer so I guess the drive on it was avaliable if something bad was sent to it.

FallN

iPod therefore I am
If you just purchased it within the last 30 days, take it back to the store from whence it came and get a new one on the spot. If it's been more than 30 days just call up Apple or go to their Online SUpport page and they'll take care of it. You can also go to any official Apple store and they often issue replacement, often BRAND NEW, right on the spot if they can't fix it themselves. Good luck. :)

weatherman

Señor Lounger
BTW if you're going to go to an Apple store, make sure to call ahead. I went to the Apple store in NYC this weekend and they told me it was by appointment only :( Can you imagine walking in to a BestBuy and having them say you can't return your whatever unless you call ahead? What kind of crap service is that?

Daveoc64

gstspyder said:
it just seems that there's been a rash of post's about not being able to connect to itunes under xp, which was my original problem.
This is a forum where people come for support. Not many of the owners of the 10 million+ iPods are going to look for somewhere like here unless they have a problem or want to know more.

phatpat737

Wizards
i agree exactly what daveoc64 said, its just your luck i guess. yeah definitly use your warranty to get it replaced