• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Official "24" thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Well, those "Lost" fans have a thread of their own. I figured the "24" fans should respond. So... here's a thread.
Who all out there is a fan of 24?

lilsuprano

I watch this show occasionally...good luck with the thread though. Search for "Arrested Development" and you'll see one of the many failed "Official ________ Thread"s....lol

Eric

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I watch the show sometimes with my wife, but it's a bit unrealistic and I find it somewhat annoying...

yuck

Still thinking of a title
finally,... the only show that i watch on TV
agree with bags, the show is becoming unrealistic and annoying, the plotline sucks imo (season 01 is still the best), but its still enjoyable :D
i kinda hoped that the president died last week :( that would be totally mind blowing

"There is no time!!"
"whats your primary objective?"

Provboy

season 1: nice.
season 2: started to get unrealistic, and bauer is immortal.
season 3: didn't bother

and i watched season 1 and 2 on dvd, straight. 24 is on cable here, and they show it 2 seasons late.

Chewie

In a Galaxy Far Far Away
I am a fan, I watched series one and two and three is currently being broadcast over here but I don’t think this series, so far, is in the same league as series one and two.

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Sorry Joshdude, another non believer here. I watched the second series (the one where the terrorists tried to blow up LA?) and by the midday point was wondering just how Jack Bauer survives like he does. And then it got silly, but as I had wasted 12 weeks by that point I endured the remaining 12 hours...:rolleyes:

Here in the UK the show on the satellite channel was followed by a discussion group who all sat around to exchange views on who was the baddy, and what would happen next, whether Jack would get off with the lead female etc.
I felt then that some people were getting a little bit excited by this programme.

ginalee

Website
www.slavecalledshiver.com
Hmmm, I echo what Bob said - you kinda figure you've watched so far, you might as well watch the rest.

For me the point where it begun to get silly was when he was taking cocaine or whatever it was (I haven't seen an other episodes since the TV station here switched times so it's not on a night I can watch it)

Yup, season one was the best, pity that they felt compelled to take it further.

anypats

That is only one of 3 shows that I make sure to watch each week. I have seen every episode and anticipate watching it each Monday.

24 is not a show that you can just watch here and there. It has to be watched from episode one each season. Otherwise you can compare it to walking into a movie part way through and not knowing what happened for the first half. A few things get brought in from past seasons but nothing real major to make the show unwatchable if you don't watch from Season 1 forward.

As far as the show being unrealistic - what do you expect? It's a made-up storyline. How many shows are based on factual events and everyday real life stuff? I don't even know any reality shows out there that do. There may be a couple but I don't know of them. There are a lot of shows out there that become huge successes that have very little to do with the reality of them - The West Wing, ER, Sex and the City, Friends, Seinfeld, etc. Just watch the show based on it's entertainment value and not because it's not realistic.

If you've ever thought about watching it I highly reccommend going and renting DVDs from Hollywood or Blockbuster for one of the first seasons. Don't start watching Season 4. There's only 7 episodes left (as of April 18) and the final episode is usually just a wrap up.

crazyonskis

Audioslave
I've seen every episode of 24 and it's one of my favourite shows! This episode is going to be really suspensful (which episode isn't?), because Marwuan has possession of some pages from the nuclear football.

Last edited:

thiswho

Watched it once or twice..
its pretty interesting, i just like comedy better..

hmm.. i should start an "Official That '70s Show Thread"

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Doesn't he just have a few pages from the football? I'm pretty sure Jack got the actual football.
It's all that stupid woman's fault. She shouldn't have jumped out and given it to him.

Will F

AKA Barney Rubble
Really good stuff, I am a fan, got the DVD box set of the first series. If it on tv I end up missing episodes due to my work. Got me gripped but they are very very long.

I will be getting some of the new series but will wait for the sales