Now I know what "Do Not Disconnect" means!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

So last week I was on holiday and as my iPod was running low on battery power, I decided to plug it into my friend's laptop (as I don't have a wall plug adaptor) to charge it up.

When I got round to clicking "Remove iPod" on iTunes, my iPod disappeared from the source menu but "Do Not Disconnect" remained displayed on my iPod for a good while. I got impatient and just pulled it out!

I thought I had got away with it, as all my music wasn't affected. However I lost all my video files (which I have backed up anyway) and something strange has happened to my podcasts. Where my podcasts used to be displayed under the podcasts section of my iPod (obviously), they are now in the music section of my iPod (as individual tracks

This is slightly annoying as I like to listen to my podcasts in the order they are recorded, and now they are listed in alphabetical order.

Is there any way I can rectify this? I have an 80GB iPod and I'm on manual sync so I don't really want to restore everything and start again from scratch.

Hopefully you can help!

kornchild2002

You can try plugging in your iPod to your computer and editing the track tag information for those podcasts. Maybe they are no longer defined as podcasts.

However, I seriously recommend that you have a copy of your music on both your iPod and your computer. If your computer doesn't have enough space then you can purchase an external hard drive for a pretty cheap price. I purchased a 500GB external hard drive for $120 U.S. just a couple of weeks ago. You always need to have a backup of your music on your computer for occasions like this. If you have a backup of your music on your computer, you can restore your iPod without worrying about losing anything as it can all be resynced.

bigjohnny7

How do you edit the track tag information? I'm bringing up the details for the podcasts in the podcast section and the podcasts in the music section and there doesn't seem to be any difference. Unless I'm missing something.

I can't really afford an external hard drive, but I have been backing up all my music onto DVDs. So I do have a backup, it would just take a while to do (and I don't really want to do it). I've had a good 10 months without any problems and now this happens (although it's completely my fault)!

Sparkee

Check your iPod's Podcast sync settings with your iPod connected to the computer in iTunes. Podcasts normally do show up in the music library if set to be manually managed. However the iPod needs to be set to sync Podcasts before they will show up under the iPod's Podcast menu.

paranoidxe

I'd count your blessings because normally if you disconnect it when its in the middle of a read or write the next time you connect it to the machine iTunes will pick up the corruption and ask you to restore it..well not ask you TELL YOU to restore it before you can use it.