not thrilled with lajo skin for the shuffle

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sparkky

I am not particularly thrilled with lajo's skin for the shuffle. I bought the ones with the open controls (no covered).

My initial impressions:

the rubber is thick so it makes the shuffle a little bit bigger - not too bulky. But the skin definitely takes away the sleekness of the shuffle on its own.

the cord that comes with the skin is big and bulky compared the the cord that came with the shuffle originally.

Overall, I think the skin will protect the shuffle; however, the sleek, cool, modern look of the shuffle is compromised with this rubber blob of a covering.

I would prefer something much more thin. Perhaps that's why other manufacturers simply created a bumber around its edges instead of covering the whole thing up.

Also, one other thought: I've decided the person(s) who invented the shuffle based their design on the 3G remote. It's almost like the shuffle is the remote (just longer and with lights). (my final two cents).

rjknyy

I ordered mine 18 days ago and still have not received them, I'll be emailing him tomorrow.

sparkky

changed my mind...! what's new?

okay. okay. it's been a few more days. The skin is growing on me. the shoelace thing is a bit thick but overall I am beginning to like it. when I had friend put it on, it did not look so bad. overall, I think I would recommend it.

the built-in cap options is cool, and you can take the shoelace off fairly easily.

Here's the cite: http://202.153.110.46/Xskn/index.asp

Last edited:

Frescales

Lajo exo2flp

I give this contraption 3/5 stars.
1. It smells weird. The rubbery smell is rather pugnant.
2. It is bulky, but it does keep the shuffle protected.
3. Cord is thick, but with some effort I can wrap it around my wrist.
4. The thin layer of plastic that covers the circular controls is mad cheap. As I was attempting to shimmy my shuffle into this case, I tore it slightly.
5. And that thin layer over the controls is discolored. I ordered the Double Bubble color (hot pink w/ matching hot pink cord) and it has little orange-red spots on it, as if I spilled tomato sauce on it.
6. I fancy the flip action.

I received it 2 weeks after I ordered. Is it worth $12.50? No. But, iSkin hasn't come out with their cases yet, so this one will do.

Last edited:

sparkky

I did not notice any smell. I totally agree it's bulky. I plan on going to the North Face to get a better lanyard than the bulky shoestring that's provided. The flip action is cool. I bought the ones without the knob coverings so haven't had any problems with tears. Looks like the istore is selling them now too.

adianavy

I got mine from iStore in about 3 days.... While it does keep the shuffle in a rubbery cocoon, it also attracts all kinda of dirt and dust to it's surface (part of the reason why I bought it was for dust protection) The flip cap's not bad, but it'll probably break off with heavy use. I really wish I didn't spend 12.50 plus shipping for this.