Not happy with iskin case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iZach

For all you people looking to buy iskin evo2 cases, here are my thoughts on this casething, The idea seems nice, but it attracts way too much lint/animal pat hair and is a pain to get off. I also recently took the iskin off my pod and there were werid smudge like marks on the front white surface of my pod. Although the case comes in cool colors and seems like a good idea, its more of a pain then good.

Well, when you start considering using proper grammar, I might consider your thoughts.

I use an iSkin, I have my own thoughts, so why don't I share?

The smudges are a nice little touch on the elegance of the metallic finish on the back of the sleek, stylish, beautiful iPod. I also have noticed, with the belt clip *circular disc*, I got dents on the back... not exactly "protection" now, is it? Quite ironic if you ask me.

Also, the holes for "cooling", just allow the sand, dirt, etc. in your pocket to get in and scratch/smudge your iPod.

Not to mention the bulkiness of the iPod with the iSkin on it, and how it ever so slightly is a wrestling match with your pocket lining, and your iSkin while trying to get it out.

A few thoughts on the downside of the iSkin, but Hey! That is what this forum is about, right? ;)

deadquackums

Spiffy
Well, I have to make a comment. I'd rather have an iSkin than a XtremeMac case because I just bought it and it ripped while I was putting it on after a couple days of using it. Maybe iSkin isn't the best but you know it's not the worst either. Also just a note: I've never had a iSkin but I know Cpn.luckycharms and his is a lot better than mine was.

Last edited:

jessica.

I have an iskin, or is it an xskin. Either way I have one of those silicone based products that cover my ipod. I have the Lajo flip bottom one. It went on in under 30 seconds, took about 30 more to adjust it when I got to work. I rubbed very little baby powder on it, took a can of air to get the excess dust off and then slipped it into my pocket.

To get my ipod out I do not wrestle with it in my pocket. I hardly notice it is there it is fairly thin. I don't have the one with the vent holes, those seemed lame.

I did worry about those smudges I read about and since no one could really answer my question, I bought a podshield from trendygeek.com, which I left on my ipod. At least it helps the back. I don't seem to worry so much about the front.

I plan to remove the skin every couple of weeks, but for now, it's wonderful. I've had it for one week and I just love it.

Sorry you're having issues with yours. I did put the skin on when my hands weren't very warm, maybe that helps? It's only a thought.

tman570

Jeez who carries around dirt and sand in thier pockets? I really like my iskin havent had any problems you mentioned. Only thing that irks me is that its not dock compadable but I just plug the cord into the bottom so no big deal.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
well, the first time, I thought it was nice for ipod. but after everyday use, it cought a lot of dust, hair, etc. so I had to clean up almost everyday. I didn't like that way. so I changed the case as leather product. since then, I have no problem at all. I use Incase leather case (black). there is little trick that you can connect dock without taking off the case. you just take white plastic dock case out. then, put your ipod with the case. well, it's little ugly. but if you don't like taking off but like keeping dock connection, it's a good idea.

iZach

Ok, since lucky charms are my favorite cereal I've decided to use proper grammar. :) But anyways, you would have to live in a bubble to be happy with the iskin, this thing is a lint/dust/hair/crumbs/anything else magnet and smudges the ipod very badly i'll try and take a picture but I doubt if it will come out. Since the skin has such issues I think they should include some sort of repelent or washing directions with the skin.

MartyMcPod

Besides a couple missed commas, an incorrect capitalization, and some slight repitition, his grammer really wasn't that bad...

It's way better than most of the people on this site. At least he spelled everything right, almost...

iZach

WOW guys I'll edit it; this is too funny.

Ok, since lucky charms is my favorite cereal I've decided to use proper grammar. But anyways, you would have to live in a bubble to be happy with the iskin, this thing is a lint/dust/hair/crumbs/anything else magnet and smudges the iPod very badly. I'll try and take a picture but I doubt if it will come out. Since the skin has such issues I think they should include some sort of repellent or washing directions with the iskin.

and by the way when i post on these forums I don't post with the utmost attention paid to grammar. ;)

Last edited:

kjs13237

wow, i have none of these problems with my iskin. i leave mine on my ipod all the time and use it every day. i carry it in my pocket everyday also. its almost never dirty. i did have one problem with it though and that was that the clip was stuck onto my ipod which was rather angering because it took a good 30minutes to get off, however it did not leave a dent or mark on the ipod. The clip is extremely bad anyways and i never use it. I bought a lajo twist clip to go with my iskin which fits perfectly with it to solve the problem i had. the free accessory case i had ripped too, but i dont care it was free and i got a free one with my twist clip.

Last edited:

Olek

nice iPOD case

I bought "Lowepro" Digital Camera Bag D-Pods-10 at "London Drugs" and I paid only $10 for it. I went to the mall and had a neat hole for headphones made in this bag (cost $2). This camera bag fits over my iPod beautifully and it is protecting it well. The cost is only 1/3 of the ruber skin.
Olek

blazzinmatt

Happy Holidays
Website
www.thelastpageonthenet.com
Since I have an iSkin, let me throw in my 2 cents on the topic. In my opinion, the iSkin is one of the best cases out there for the pod. Not saying it is the best, but it sure is up there. The protection it provides is better than I have seen from most cases. The screen protector also is a very nice feature, because I like to upkeep the appearance of my iPod. I do get lint and stuff stuck on the case, but it is nothing that wiping it off cannot solve.

Also I was reading about how sand and stuff gets into the cooling holes, but I have never had this problem. I keep it in my pocket it all the time so I mean this could be a reason that I have never had this happen to me, but I don't see how stuff is getting in there. I would give the iSkin a (4.5/5)

justgotmyipod

I used to have an iskin evo for my 3G ipod. It stratched very easily and got loose up after a period of usage. yes, it was bulky and expensive. despite the problems I mentioned, I dont deny it is one of the most beautiful cases. I just bought an used evo2 from a fellow ipodlounger and I want to give it another chance for my 4G ipod.

SERENADE

Iskin

I prefer my ipod nude around the house, I'll iskin if I'm walking or riding, and tuck it in the STM cocoon for distance travel.

OllieS

Mac rules!
Website
www.apple.com
how do you actually get an iPod into the iskin case? do you shove it in through the hole for the screen or does part of it come off? I have seen some pictures of it and I can't tell.

Thanks

youm0nt

Xaero said:
how do you actually get an iPod into the iskin case? do you shove it in through the hole for the screen or does part of it come off? I have seen some pictures of it and I can't tell.

Thanks
from what i have read,yes.its stretchy enough so it fits.

iZach

Xaero said:

Thanks
I put it in through the wheel but youre supposed to put it in throug the lcd opening, ill take some pics.