Not enough Iphones

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Snakes

I think its not true like the words from Steve Jobs, that are enough Iphone aviable.
It´s some rumors to Push up the stock market.

http://www.macrumors.com/

Macrumors says 2-4 Weeks delivertime.

The Gemran Newsmagazine "Der Spiegel" says many stores have no more 8GB Iphones.

Steve Jobs a little bit crazy?

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
your post makes no sense. Check apple's site there is an availability chart by state for every city that has an apple store. You are almost guaranteed an iphone if you go to an apple owned retail store and not an AT&T store with little to no wait. The press says so.

Website
www.ilounge.com
The online Apple Store does state 2-4 weeks for delivery of online orders, which is rather odd considering the in-store availability.

It's also interesting to note that AT&T set a one-per-customer limit, while Apple Stores would sell two-per-customer, further implying that the Apple Stores had a lot more stock to begin with.

Pikemann_Urge

jhollington said:
The online Apple Store does state 2-4 weeks for delivery of online orders, which is rather odd considering the in-store availability.
Not odd at all! It's a tactic to make people visit the Apple Stores in person so they can be exposed to (and hopefully buy) other Apple products... :cool:

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, more to the point they may also have wanted to ensure that they had maximum quantities in the actual stores for the big release.

When you order online, they don't ship it from the local store, but rather from a central warehouse. Every iPhone sitting in a warehouse on Friday night would have been an iPhone that wasn't available for a potential in-person sale.

sectiona77

Apple has come out and said their goal is to sell 10 million units in 1 year. That cannot be done if iphones are constantly out of stock. I don't think it will be a problem picking one up.

cpivot

Mac Daddy
I went and got mine at a AT&T store (since we dont have a apple store here yet) there was a large line. well needless to say I hated the clear case I got when I bought the phone, so I went back the next day in the afternoon to get the leather hip pouch and they still had phones instock.

Website
www.ilounge.com
As I understand it, Apple produced three million, and expected to sell at least 1.5. I think they sold somewhere around 2 million in the first 24 hours.

While it's nice for Apple to have the hype and the lineups, in the end having supply chain shortages will generally only hurt things, not help them. They want the iPhone out there in as many people's hands as possible. It has no hope of being the revolution they want it to be otherwise.

Remember, Apple is not targeting this device at the gadget enthusiast, but they're trying to win over the hearts and minds of the average consumer to their new way of thinking in cell phone design. How many average consumers gave up on the PS3 or Wii because they were just too hard to get?

seaofcrap

i eat apples
jhollington said:
As I understand it, Apple produced three million, and expected to sell at least 1.5. I think they sold somewhere around 2 million in the first 24 hours.

While it's nice for Apple to have the hype and the lineups, in the end having supply chain shortages will generally only hurt things, not help them. They want the iPhone out there in as many people's hands as possible. It has no hope of being the revolution they want it to be otherwise.

Remember, Apple is not targeting this device at the gadget enthusiast, but they're trying to win over the hearts and minds of the average consumer to their new way of thinking in cell phone design. How many average consumers gave up on the PS3 or Wii because they were just too hard to get?
If your numbers are true, Apple did an amazing job with their supply. I remember that the Wii was not targeted at gaming enthusiast but rather at the every day type of person. People who would never have stood in line for a PS3 were standing in line for a Wii. Are people doing the same for Apple as well?

From what I understood from interviews with Steve Jobs, Apple, and ATT, I was under the impression that the iPhone would be incredibly difficult to get. I remember Steve Jobs even recommended people to head to an AT&T stores, as he claimed Apple stores would be too busy with lots of lines in comparison. From what I understand, most Apple stores around the country still have iPhones in stock. Either sales were disappointing or Apple really did an an amazing job with supply. The iPhone IS a 499 and 599 dollar device. It is out of reach for most consumers.

zerock

Website
www.edgarrodriguez.com
I am surely getting one in 2 weeks, when i visit the states..i have at&t but in the us territory where i live, its not available.

gquiring

No problems in NJ or NY. I had less than a 10 minute wait Friday night to get mine. On Sunday night I checked the Apple stores for many states and the only two states that were short were FL and CA.

Activiation is another story. It took AT&T 30 hours to get mine going.