not a happy customer evil apple store

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nontoxicglue

a member
Website
nontoxicglue.textamerica.com
i pretty mad at the local apple store in menlo park mall nj. i brought my ipod in hopes of getting it fixed. i brought in pictures of my ipod screen blanking out (it shows the arrows but doesn't show the words that are next to them, e.g artist, browse, settings, extras, etc...). i also mentioned that it shut down and restarted randomly. so i handed him my ipod to try to fix it. and he, restored my ipod. erasing all my songs! and that's all he did and said "we can't replace it. unless you show me right now that it will freeze." after i get home i charge it an hour and it restarts 2 hours later (shuffle, no backlit, no fastforwarding)

Beltaine

check www.airborne.com for drop off locations and options for pick-up.

Good luck with your repair, mines been gone over a week now and Apple still doesn't know what they are going to do with it.
:confused:

Beltaine

They haven't updated my status on the web site. Customer Care tells me over the phone that my iPod was recieved on 3-3-04. The support web page dosn't say that it was recieved. Haven't been able to get an answer out of apple about whats wrong and what they are going to do about the iPod.

Beltaine

Just called AppleCare. They told me that the lab was able to isolate my problem to a hardware failure and they will be sending a new replacement iPod "any day now".

We'll have to see how long that takes...

Beltaine

Got a brand new replacement iPod in the mail today.

Repair status web site finally changed on thurs. Recieved it on Fri.

So much for keeping you up to date...