Non-OEM Audio Technica EC7

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
mechietechie.blogspot.com
I won this bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5830387371
and after realizd and confirmed with the seller that (in his words) "not OEM, but made by same factory AT uses" and "the heapdhones are really high quality.

one of the wires of the earbud are longer, so you can wrap it around the behind your neck, so it doesn't get in your way when you work.

either way, if you are not satisfied, you can return it for a full refund. =)"
I know its very shady - im just hoping the headphones are at least 50% as good as the authentic ones. Ill let you know how they are when i get em.

If anyone has experience with these knockoffs or similar ones, lemme kno

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
Ill hopefully have these by tomorrow. i spoke to another buyer on ebay who also purchased these.. he said they were really nice, and while obviously not the originals, were worth the price. he compared them to the sony ex71...dint really compare em, but mentioned that they seemed comparable. i asked him for more details and will let u kno wut he says

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
One buyer told me this: "They sound pretty good. Since they don't seal the ear quite as well as the Sony's [ex71], the bass is a little less than optimal, but the overall quality compares well and they also sounded decent next to a pair of larger enclosed headphones. Hope this is helpful! "

ill give u my own opinion myself once i get them

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
I got them today, and i havent put them thru much use (my ipod is with apple and my laptops headphone slot is worn out, so i dont want to judge the sound until ive my iPod.)

But so far, they sound really nice. I tested them with the Aphex Twin song Xtal encoded at 320kbs and it held its ground and produced pretty nice bass. it was much clearer than the iPod headphones, so all in all it was worth the money. Ill continue to post my thoughts on em as i put them to use.

One thing i can say is that they are very comfortable and the speaker portion of the headphones are made to sit snug at the opening of your ear, instead of hanging off of em.

If you're interested just go to ebay and search Audio Technica EC7.

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
Lol, look at the shipping tho. the seller put all the charges on shipping, cuz i guess ebay charges the seller a certain percentage of the item cost, and not the shipping.

overall the build quality its very nice...metal is used on the tips and joints of the wires instead of plastice, the phones are sturdy themselves, and much smaller than the picture suggests. All in all, if ur a hardcore audiophile with some extra money who'd like to experiment, id say go for it and give us ur opinion

Primary

btw those have nothing to do with Audio-Technica EC7's, which are big full-size headphones. but if they sound good then what's the problem?

=)

congrats.

szsiddiq

MechiETechiEr
Website
Overall, i think they sound great! specially for 30bucks...i also received them in less than a week from payment - even tho thanksgiving holidays were inbetween the time frame.

the only problem i have now, is that this is the first pair of really revealing headphones ive had - meaning, i can hear how badly encoded some of the files i have are