• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Non-Obvious Things You Can Do With Your IPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dusk2k2

I was just wondering if people could make a list of the "non-obvious" things you can do with your IPod. Everyone knows that you can have songs, podcasts, audiobooks, etc. Things like ipodsubwaymaps.com is unique, in that someone thought of a non-obvious way to use your ipod. Anyone have any things you know you can do with your IPod?

Zap

Mac Zealot
Use it a flash Light( there is an add on to do this) or you could use the back light as one or you could Play doom on it!

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
They have an article about this, in this months popular science. But they don't put it onto there website until the next issue comes out.

Here's what's in it though =)

- Dinner
Put some bam! in your ipod with more than 1,000 free recipes from Emeril. Goto www.emerils.com

- News Directions and movie times
Mac only www.kainjow.com
Windows ipod agent. ipodsoft.com

-Free internet
www.metrofreefi.com select the states you want and the site will email you a list for your notes of free hotspots in the city

- Entire books
www.ipodlibrary.com PC software that converts files into chapters. Mac try www.tomsci.com/book2pod

-God
bibleplayer ($5 www.bibleplayer.com )
The entire bible sorted by book and chapter.

Dusk2k2

Nice tips Nickster. Those are the exact sort of "non-obvious" things that I'm sure many of us IPod users are curious about.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
casa~la~rocka said:
Throw it at the cat to keep her out of your room.

Kidding, of course. I have my old cd player for that.;)
*dies of laughter

Hmmm. A non-obvious thing? Use it to bash Creative...:p

Maxx37

you can use it to cheat in school.....type all of your vocab words into it for a vocab test.....type notes for a exam....bam baby just do that and be descret dont use a case about it and dont use a case because u want it to slide back into ur pocket if anyone comes bye and u dont want it to stick(not saying you should cheat...i havnt done this but im saying it could be done)....i also use myn as a harddrive to transfer skate clips and 20 family guy episodes i have to another friends computer to watch...and the sharepod program(so u can get ur songs from ur ipod to ur comp) is in my ipod so i dont have to download the program if my friends want a song on their library that i have in my ipod...and what i also did was (scince i skateboard) i opend a skate clip into windows movie maker...zoomed in on the clip as far as i could go...and take a pic of each frame and save it (make sure to save it in order,so put the first pic as A then second one as AA then third as AAA then fourth as B then fith as BB etc....) and put them all on my ipod and u can go to first pic and scroll through it and watch a clip of something.,..really easy..took me 10 min to copy 55 clips ..not bad at all:)

star882

Just look at the spam above!

Back to unusual uses for iPods, a classic trick is to make some audio files of DTMF tones of phone numbers, store them in a "phone book" playlist, and then play them into a phone to make an autodialer! (Someone did something similar at a Science Fair in the past. She programmed a computer system (probably for amateur radio) that decodes voice and then normally dials phones. Instead of dialing a phone, however, the system was set up to output the tones to a MCU card that switches power to lights, meters, and motors on a display board. She was concerned that the system would have difficulty with the noise, so she recorded some MP3s and played them on her iPod in a constant loop. She then connected the iPod to a handheld radio transmitter.)

Another one that's possible on the regular color iPods is to take a PowerPoint presentation, make pictures from the slides, and then scroll through them on the iPod while it's connected to a screen to display the presentation. In fact, it should also be possible to add background music and/or voices to the presentation. If only it's possible to have it automatically change slides...

It could be possible to put Knoppix on an iPod and then use it to boot a PC.

Nitr0

Staring at the color
Maxx37 said:
you can use it to cheat in school.....type all of your vocab words into it for a vocab test.....type notes for a exam....bam baby just do that and be descret about it and dont use a case because u want it to slide back into ur pocket if anyone comes bye and u dont want it to stick(not saying you should cheat...i havnt done this but im saying it could be done)....i also use myn as a harddrive to transfer skate clips and 20 family guy episodes i have to another friends computer to watch...and the sharepod program(so u can get ur songs from ur ipod to ur comp) is in my ipod so i dont have to download the program if my friends want a song on their library that i have in my ipod...and what i also did was (scince i skateboard) i opend a skate clip into windows movie maker...zoomed in on the clip as far as i could go...and take a pic of each frame and save it (make sure to save it in order,so put the first pic as A then second one as AA then third as AAA then fourth as B then fith as BB etc....) and put them all on my ipod and u can go to first pic and scroll through it and watch a clip of something.,..really easy..took me 10 min to copy 55 clips ..not bad at all:)
From the look of your grammatical errors and stupidity you should refrain from cheating as much as possible.

casa~la~rocka

candy cane child
For a quick remedy for aches and pains, heat the ipod on the metallic side (warm, not hot temperature). Place on any body part experiencing discomfort-- wait for ipod to draw out all the bad humors. :)

--Ipod also can be used as a heating pad.