• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Nokia's Hunting down Apple and their Ipods

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thepinkflash&me

Hey I found this artical on Nokias new Phone, Apple and Sony better hurry up...

Apple said it sold 5.3 million iPods in the first three months of 2005 while Canon was the top seller of digital cameras in 2004, with 17 percent of the global market of 74 million units, according to research firm IDC.

Nokia unveiled its N91 multimedia phone, which will have a 4-gigabyte hard drive that can store thousands of music files. The phone, which will also run on high-speed 3G and wireless LAN networks, is due out by the end of the year.

Nokia said its other new phones, the N90 and the N70, will have two-megapixel cameras with high-quality Carl Zeiss lenses. The N90 will be in shops in the second quarter at a price of around 600 euros ($784), while the N70, also a 3G phone, will hit the shelves in the third quarter. Apple's original iPod retails for about 319 euros in Europe while Canon's cameras start at less than half the cost of the N90.

The company launched the new N-series sub-brand to make the new phone lineup stand out as luxuries specifically designed for high quality photos, video and music.

The new brand is designed to help distinguish Nokia's camera and music phones from rivals like Samsung, which is selling camera phones with higher resolution than Nokia's, as well as a hard disk-based music phone. Meanwhile, Sony Ericsson will launch a Walkman phone after the summer holdays.

"Now there's no need to take a separate camera with you to make pictures," he said as he pointed to the Zeiss lenses also used in high-quality standalone cameras.

The hard disk-based music phone would have been launched sooner but Nokia is still working with Microsoft and its online partner OD2 to develop a music download service for mobile devices, Vanjoki said.

Attachments

cowboypunk

looks good! ive always been a big fan of nokia. all of the mobile phones i bought for the last 4 years are from nokia. with these new model line up, i doubt that its going to replace my digicam and my ipod. well atleast for now

jedk

I don't think these phones will make any real dent in the iPod's market share. I can't see how music will be easily navigatable on these phones as it is on the iPod. And on another note, camera phones will never be as good quality as a regular digital camera. 2.0 Megapixels isn't high enough for my needs. Nokia is wasting their time trying to get people to buy their camera and phone in one, because for quality and ease of use, a regular digital camera will win everytime, in my opinion.

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
I think it has some improving to do when it comes to looks, but the features are CRAZY sweet...yet expensive. I'd rather buy a digital camera, another iPod, and a different phone and it'd all add up. :-D

MOCKBA

Website
mediachest.sourceforge.net
It's wrong forum, anyway neurus is going to answer all of them and develop open source device including PDA, cell phone, DAP, DVP, and game console. Open source means that everyone can change firmware, add new audio and video formats, games and much more.

iPac

Website
www.thuglifearmy.com
Its a stupid amount of money I think............You could buy a regular iPod and a decent new phone for that much.

P.S. I think theres alredy a thread on this, unless this one was made first, but was just more unpopular. I dunno.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I love Nokia but honestly, design-wise, the iPod owns that thing. I have no idea what is with Nokia and their unorthodox design shapes recently...

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
MadPict said:
Ooooo, another phone which takes pictures and plays music....

Thats what proper cameras and proper MP3 players are for....
Good point. I don't like these 'all-in-one' devices.

Oh, and in your music list, 'The Mars' should be 'The Mars Volta'. Fix it now!!!! :p

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
4 gigs in a phone is impressive, unless you arn't going to use it for photos or music. So, for many, its memory that going to go to waste..........

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Nearly $800 for THAT?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Nokia is just being Stupid now.....

LHZ

$784..... wow, i'd much rather invest in a Dell...

This really isn't going to effect the market, it's not an "mp3 player" it's trying to do everything, and I think it will fail at such a high cost. You could buy a PSP and a phone for cheaper... or a digital camera and a phone.

The Nokia NGAGE was one of the least sucessful portable gaming systems/cell phones, it was a piece of ####, I don't see Nokia being serious competition at all for Apple. I think they should be more worried about the PSP and other products.

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
MadPict said:
I would if it read 'The Mars' - but as it reads 'The Mars Volta' I won't!!!!:p;)
Well now that's just wierd. You should get their new album by the way, it's the most amazing thing you'll never understand.

Attachments