No more shopping cart... be careful

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
iTunes 9 is one-click only. Be careful what you click on as you'll be charged and downloads will start immediately. There's no confirmation screen! NOT GOOD.

urbanlegend

Toronto Tonto
for a second there, i thought you meant anything in my shopping cart will immediately be purchased. but that's not what you're saying, is it?

sounds like there is only the option for one-click purchases, and my shopping cart will disappear. is that right?

does it still ask for the password every time? if so, that's an extra step in the purchase process to avoid accidental purchases.

downloading version 9 now, so i guess i'll see soon enough...

john

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
To answer the question upthread, there is no Shopping Cart in vers 9. You can place items in a wish list, but that's not quite the same as being able to select a bunch of tunes then see what the total will be before you start downloading.

Never got a password prompt, nothing. Not even a "You have selected X. Do you want to continue?" Apple probably needs to brace for a bunch of consumer complaints. The FTC will not be pleased.

Germansuplex

I essentially used the shopping cart as my wish list before, so no biggie there.

And if you reset your warnings, you can still get a confirmation before downloading stuff.

Although I'm not sure what happens if, after making a purchase, you still get a warning screen if you purchase a second item.