No L plug ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMonster

Roooooar!
are there decent (not over $100) headphones that do not have the L shaped plug? I find these kinds crack etc when I have them plugged in cause they swivel so much as I move(and I dance around and workout and stuff).. the orig earbuds plug goes straight down with no L

call me a newb if this is a very old discussed topic hehe ^_^;; I used search and couldn't find anything a few days in a row!

Vitz

Maybe the grado sr60?

Last edited:

iMonster

Roooooar!
er6 "BUY NOW
For $139 a pair" lol and they have the L plug

grado sr60 aren't buds :/

I'll just take it that nothing has a straight cord and nothing is for a low price lol

thesaurusrex

Most headphones intended for portable players, like earbuds, have the L-shaped plugs. Headphones intended for home listening with stereo equipment normally have the straight plugs (and often 3.5mm adapters).

iMonster

Roooooar!
no, but they're very, very expensive for me haha..

I am going to be low for cash for awhile now after buying my iPod 5g I can't afford really high priced headphones

and I loved that the basic earbuds it came with had a straight plug because I do not have the issues I always seem to have with an L

L's twist around all over the place when moved and mine usually break after awhile of that.

the straight plug has to stay in place.. and since everyone says how cheap basic iPod earbuds are I figured someone would know a similar style for "cheap" lol I probably can't spend over $40 really :/

jhpope

Website
jhpope.blogspot.com
well imonster despite my best efforts you are indeed right. i just got my er-6i's in today and they do infact have an L shaped plug. i got the new black ones if that makes a difference.

iMonster

Roooooar!
well it's fine

I imagine the higher end headphones don't have the problem of which I speak..anyway :)

I just have always had plugs swiveling around and making cracking noises and the come with iPod ones do not so I thought there would be similar ones ..ah well

thank you all anyway

xluben

L-shaped plugs are used to reduce strain on the headphone jack of your iPod. With a straight plug, if the plug gets bumped all of the shock is obsorbed by the jack, which can eventually cause damage to the iPod and possibly even make it lose connection. The L-shaped plug is much more low profile and takes the stress of the jack.

iMonster

Roooooar!
that's awesome information thanks, xluben :D

I guess I'll happy with them then!