No continuous album play? Why?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

357mag

This is the one thing about the iPOD I don't like nor understand. No continuous play. With my CD Player I can insert any albums I want and hit play and the machine will go from album to album. It will continuously play them.

Not on the iPOD.

The only way to simulate that experience is to load the songs from the albums I want and put them into a playlist.

I don't like the playlist idea.

So my question is do the newer iPODs have any new abilities like continuous album play?

Or is there a way to tell mine to do it that I don't know about?

cjmnews

Staff member
The CD player seems like a playlist to me. You made a CD with multiple Albums, which is the same as a playlist with multiple albums.

The iPod should be able to select an artist and play the albums of the artist. That would be an alternative.

The other option is to go to sync only complete albums to your iPod, then go to song view, by default it should be in Artist order, then pick the first song and press play to listen to the album, then go to the next album...

357mag

The CD player seems like a playlist to me. You made a CD with multiple Albums, which is the same as a playlist with multiple albums.

The iPod should be able to select an artist and play the albums of the artist. That would be an alternative.

The other option is to go to sync only complete albums to your iPod, then go to song view, by default it should be in Artist order, then pick the first song and press play to listen to the album, then go to the next album...
The CD Player is not a playlist. A disc represents an album. Maybe that album is a compilation maybe it isn't. But to not be able to have continuous play from album to album on a modern device is dumb.

Not sure if your suggestion will give me what I'm looking for. What if I only want to play three albums or only two?

The device will probably play everything on it.

Why Apple did this I don't know.

cjmnews

Staff member
It will play everything on the iPod in Song mode.

They made playlists for this reason. There is also the option of selecting the album, playing it, selecting a new album, etc.

357mag

It will play everything on the iPod in Song mode.

They made playlists for this reason. There is also the option of selecting the album, playing it, selecting a new album, etc.
That's the problem. I don't want to keep selecting. I want to program it. Like you can program a CD Player.

You can't program the iPOD.

cjmnews

Staff member
You can look at it as the playlist is programming the iPod.

Though there are many limitations. Like shuffling by Album is not possible.