Nike+ Mileage Off Since Update

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
Today I ran about 14 miles, but when I looked at my Nike+ it said 22.36 miles. Um...no... So I looked back at the history and ALL my mileage is off. Sunday was 27 miles, but it said 42. Tuesday was five miles, but it said eight.

I updated my firmware yesterday so obviously that's the culprit!

Curiously I just looked at the Nike+ website and it said 13.88, which is a lot more accurate (obviously). Hmmmmm.

esilver220

Re Nike+ Mileage Off Since Update

same thing happened to me, i ran 2 miles and the display said 3 miles

the mileage is right when the voice tells me my mileage at the end of my run, but when i look at it on the display its way off, is that the way it happens for you?

esilver220

Teechur said:
Today I ran about 14 miles, but when I looked at my Nike+ it said 22.36 miles. Um...no... So I looked back at the history and ALL my mileage is off. Sunday was 27 miles, but it said 42. Tuesday was five miles, but it said eight.

I updated my firmware yesterday so obviously that's the culprit!

Curiously I just looked at the Nike+ website and it said 13.88, which is a lot more accurate (obviously). Hmmmmm.
oh i see what its doing, its displaying it in kilometers (miles * 1.6)

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
Ah! That totally makes sense! Thanks for getting back to me on this one. Very strange, but I can live with it. (Or I can pretend I really DID run 22 miles today rather than 12.25.)

esilver220

Fattyfatso29 said:
I'm Just wondering, because I am on a cross country team. Is it really worth it to buy the Nike+ipod device?
i think its great, keeps a record of your runs and tracks your progrress

they'll probably fix that bug in the next firmware update

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I think it's definitely worth it, especially if money is an issue. I run almost daily and love my Nike+. Now if I had the choice between Nike+ and my Garmin 205, I'd go with Garmin...I am a total geek that way. But the price of Nike+ is right.

I will admit it is not nearly as accurate as Garmin, but it's good enough for government work! I've run marathons where it told me I only did 24 miles, and 5 milers where it told me I did 5.5. But for "ballpark figures" it's quite nice. And yes, it is calibrated, but depending on the race or distance, I run a different pace. My 5k pace is substantially different from my marathon pace.