Newest Jailbreak for iPod Touch 8g

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gedansky

My niece handed over her 8g iPod touch, model pc086LL, running iOS 4.2.1, for my kids to watch movies and play games on.

Is there a more current level I could jailbreak it to, so I can load some more current games? I have an intel iMac, by the way, so it would have to run on MAC.

Thanks!

tonton

Jailbreaking doesn't give you access to any more games that you wouldn't normally be able to run, unless you're talking about pirated games or apps rejected by Apple for security or content reasons.

gedansky

Jailbreaking doesn't give you access to any more games that you wouldn't normally be able to run, unless you're talking about pirated games or apps rejected by Apple for security or content reasons.
Thanks, I just wanted to jailbreak up to a hire, more supported OS level than might otherwise be available, so I can download more current, supported games. 4.2.1 doesn't let me pull down some of what the kids want (I can't remember, but, I think Cut the Rope and Where's My Water are two that won't work under 4.2.1). Figured if I could get to 4.3.X that would be better.

gedansky

Funny... I didn't realize I had posted this before. So, is there a way to jailbreak my 8gb (I think 2nd Gen) Ipod Touch Model PC086LL from 4.2.1 up to 4.3.5 or even 5? The apps my son wants to play (Where's MY Water, Cut the Rope, Subway Surfers, even Temple Run Brave Edition) are NOT any more complex than Angry Birds or Pipe Roll 2 , which actually DO run on 4.2.1.

Thanks!