NEW WIRELESS REMOTE for gen 3 IPODS!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

telinoz

From the picture it's hard to tell if using the naviPOD with the dock will put the iPod at a different angle, seems to lean back more.
If it does then the chrome support legs will be up in air!

It not then this is good buy and will give us iPodders the freedom of IR!

Has anyone got one of these and tried it with the dock?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
If these new remotes are not be be used with the dock, I don't see how it can function to it's best abilities as the center of your stereo. Where do you plug it in then if it's not sitting in the dock for the line out? How do I make sure it's connected to the AC adapter so I don't have to worry about the battery draining?

These questions don't seem to be directly answered on the website or in the specs. Anyone have any luck on figuring that out? Of course what I'd like is to be able to control the ipod completely by remote... *waits patiently*

Cheers,
Stu

Impulse29

Well if the metal stand can support the iPod, then you can surely be able to take them off, and that the ir thing still sits... The dock doesn't interfere in any way if it is off... im gonna buy one right now

jasperstory

i dont see the point without a lcd, as there's very little to use such a remote for... you cannot navigate through different menus and thus restricted to small playlists and albums.

unless you got a #### good memory :)

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
There is a point without the lcd, though I agree an lcd remote that allowed you to control all menu functions of the iPod from a distance would be a fantastic.

You aren't restricted to small playlists, though. Playlists can be ANY length you want. You can even set the ipod to start shuffling the entire library and then it's just a matter of clicking through songs, pausing, unpausing from a distance.

So as I agree with you that the lcd is the coup de gra of what an iPod user would want, there is still a point to this one.

I guess it too comes down to ones listening habits. For me I just start playing a large number of tunes and shuffle, even when I had a five cd changer I had all of them to shuffle continuously. I pick a group of songs I want to listen to and shuffle and when I'm ready to change, I change. I know other people have distinctly different habits than me.

Cheers,
Stu

Impulse29

There are three main reasons why there aren't any wireless remotes with LCD screens:
1. the remote only sends information to the iPod, and does not receive...
2. Price $$$$... Add an LCD screen, and all the tech stuff, and it'll cost quite a bit...
3. Demand... I'm not sure that there will be a big demand for it... And the remote with an LCD screen would be half the size of the iPod... withthe screen, and the buttons... add a hard drive, and you have an iPod!

jasperstory

could you somehow utilise the technology used in wireless headphones etc. to have a portable transmitter. Then you carry around your ipod, using all the functions, and have it blasting out of your hifi?

or would this transmission process take too much juice (not talking about fm transmitter,,, whatever cordless headphones etc use)? considering you would use it near to a hifi- therefore a power source, battery length would not be so necessary

this seems like the idea solution