New Smart Playlist iCloud rule??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

decafjava

I guess this has been part of itunes since the debut of icloud but I never noticed it until now. There seems to be a new rule added to smartplaylists: icloud status - is, is not - matched, purchased, uploaded, ineligible, local only, error, duplicate.

Any idea what this does? :confused: I mean the terms are pretty self-explanatory but what could one do with this? Anyone see this or use it?

Website
www.ilounge.com
It's mostly useful for maintenance when setting up iTunes Match rather than for any kind of ongoing generation of playlists that you might actually listen to.

For example, I used it to see which tracks weren't being uploaded to iTunes Match properly ("Error" or "Ineligible" status) so that I could hopefully figure out what the problem was and deal with them. In some cases I've been able to forcibly re-match them as Apple has improved the service on the back-end, while in others I've had to play with things a bit, such as converting MP3's to AAC before they'll be recognized and matched.

These can also be useful for converting your 128kbps tracks to 256kbps... Build a Smart Playlist that looks for a "Matched" or "Purchased" iCloud Status and a bit-rate of 128kbps. These are the tracks you can delete from your local library and then re-download in the higher, 256kbps DRM-free quality.

Note that you can also add "iCloud Status" as a column in any track listing.

decafjava

Ok Jesse thanks for that, might take the plunge one of these days and use itunes match.
Joe