New Shure e2 ultra-soft flexsleeves have arrived!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

Just in case the other e2 users haven't already noticed...Shure has released the new e2 ultra-soft flexsleeves on their website:
http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_accessories.asp#FLEX

E2c Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves:
PA749L Large Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves. Bag of 10. (5 pair) $12.60

PA749M Medium Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves. Bag of 10. (5 pair) $12.60

PA749S Small Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves. Bag of 10. (5 pair) $12.60

PA749A Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves. Two each of Small, Medium, and Large. Bag of 6. (3 pair) $7.60

I hope they are as comfortable as they look.

Last edited:

Possédé

o_0
I personally dislike the ultra-soft flex sleeves. They don't even come close to isolation and are very uncomfortable. Not worth it in my opinion. Spend that $12.60 on something else.

bordeaaj

They can't be more uncomfortable than the silicone sleeves can they? I use the ex71 ultrasoft flexsleeve modifications for my e2s and they are much more comfortable than the silicone and far more convenient than the foam. I can see how the isolation would be lacking though. I will soon find out as I already ordered the variety pack for $7.60.

dunepuggy

well I've been using the foamies, and can't stand the clearish sleeves (they hurt my ears), so I might have to just try these and see how they work.

pInK

bordeaaj said:
They can't be more uncomfortable than the silicone sleeves can they? I use the ex71 ultrasoft flexsleeve modifications for my e2s and they are much more comfortable than the silicone and far more convenient than the foam. I can see how the isolation would be lacking though. I will soon find out as I already ordered the variety pack for $7.60.
The smallest E2C silicone sleeves are too big to stay in my ear canal, so I tried making my own triple flange sleeves from some drugstore earplugs but they fell apart. I'm glad to hear about anything newer (and hopefully smaller!) What do you mean by flexsleeve modifications... did you do this yourself or can you buy them?

Possédé

o_0
I dunno what makes them uncomfortable. I think they overlap in my ear or something. The clear sleeves have to be the most comfortable. :cool:

AndyH

I do like the grey ultra-soft flex-sleeves better than the clear flex-sleevs with my Shure E5's, although my favorite sleeve is a modified triple-flange sleeve (I trimmed the "stalk" length and removed the smallest flange).

Batabing4

Does anyone know if the new Shure e2 ultra-soft flexsleeves fit the Apple In-Ear headphones? I now have the E2c foam (orange) sleeves on my Apple in ears and they work great. Can someone let me know whether these new ones fit the Apple in- ears? OR if any of the other shure sleeves besides the orange ones fit the apple in ears. THANKS!

Possédé

o_0
I wondering, can you buy these triple-flange sleeves in Pharmacies? Are they rubber-like? Or plastic-like? The pictures make them look like plastic.

pInK

Possédé said:
I wondering, can you buy these triple-flange sleeves in Pharmacies? Are they rubber-like? Or plastic-like? The pictures make them look like plastic.
I bought some things called Ear Planes (?) at a pharmacy but they were sold as noise-blocking earplugs, not earphone attachments. They looked the same though, so I thought why not?

I needed to bore them out wide enough to squash onto the stalks of the E2Cs, so I twisted a pair of cuticle scissors 'round and 'round inside the plugs. That didn't work so I sliced into them and chopped off the last flange. Then I pried open their little gullets and painstakingly worked in the E2Cs.

Well, now they looked like real triple flanges but sounded like music playing through a pillow.

Not only did they sound terrible (why was I surprised at that?) but were never big enough to accommodate the E2Cs and eventually split open. So I threw them out and put my earphones away until I could find proper tips!

In other words, don't try to adapt pharmacy plugs to E2Cs. It'll just be a waste of $3.99.

pInK

Possédé said:
Would they fit on the E3c's, which have a smaller stem/stalk?
Even if they did, those pharmacy plugs aren't made to transmit tunes and the sound would be horrible as described above. Besides, they sell real triple flanges for the E3cs so no need to jerry rig; if I had the E3Cs, I would have just bought the official ones instead. They're only a few bucks more and I'll bet they sound a *whole* lot better.

bordeaaj

pInK said:
What do you mean by flexsleeve modifications... did you do this yourself or can you buy them?
I did my own kind of double-reverse-cup variation of what is called the Brohken e2 mod on Headfi.org. The basics to the modification are here:http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59757
With the new e2 ultrasofts we might not have to do these mods again. (Though because my mod is doubled with an insulating airspace it might have better isolation than the single layer ultrasofts.)

pInK said:
Well, now they looked like real triple flanges but sounded like music playing through a pillow.
Me too, I think I tried every e2 mod listed on these forums and Headfi.org until I figured out my own. The earplane mod was horrible and not comfortable at all.

Originally posted by Batabing4
Does anyone know if the new Shure e2 ultra-soft flexsleeves fit the Apple In-Ear headphones? I now have the E2c foam (orange) sleeves on my Apple in ears and they work great. Can someone let me know whether these new ones fit the Apple in- ears? OR if any of the other shure sleeves besides the orange ones fit the apple in ears.
Since the orange e2 foamies fit the apple in-ears the silicone and ultrasofts should fit as well, but since the ultrasofts are...ultra soft...they may slip off a little easier than the more rigid foamies and silicone. I'll llet you know here when I receive them though.

Last edited:

wstanley

pInK said:
I bought some things called Ear Planes (?) at a pharmacy but they were sold as noise-blocking earplugs, not earphone attachments. They looked the same though, so I thought why not?

I needed to bore them out wide enough to squash onto the stalks of the E2Cs, so I twisted a pair of cuticle scissors 'round and 'round inside the plugs. That didn't work so I sliced into them and chopped off the last flange. Then I pried open their little gullets and painstakingly worked in the E2Cs.

Not only did they sound terrible (why was I surprised at that?) but were never big enough to accommodate the E2Cs and eventually split open. So I threw them out and put my earphones away until I could find proper tips!

In other words, don't try to adapt pharmacy plugs to E2Cs. It'll just be a waste of $3.99.
Did you remove the tiny little ceramic insert that's inside the Ear Planes? I've done this for other headphones (Koss Plugs) and it does work.

FallN

iPod therefore I am
Shure is sending me a pair of ultra-soft inserts which I just ordered today. I'll post my impressions when they arrive. :)

pInK

wstanley said:
Did you remove the tiny little ceramic insert that's inside the Ear Planes? I've done this for other headphones (Koss Plugs) and it does work.
Don't remember seeing anything ceramic; just flexible silicone-rubber material. Maybe I got the budget version... they were so mangled by the time I finished with them, there's no telling what was originally inside!

bordeaaj

wstanley said:
When I tried these on the e2 I removed the little insert but the hole is so much smaller than the e2 tube and the silicone so rigid with the tube inserted that they were very uncomfortable and very hard to get good sound and isolation.

Last edited:

wstanley

makes sense; it wasn't easy getting them on the Plugs. Wish Shure would come up with flange earpieces.