New Shuffle is 16 dollars more then a pair of apple earbuds!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dirtpeach

Apple should really be adding a screen to the shuffle especially with the upcoming 2gb model. The sansa clip is a much better deal for the price.

espanoliPod

Spanish Speaking Lounger
dirtpeach said:
Apple should really be adding a screen to the shuffle especially with the upcoming 2gb model. The sansa clip is a much better deal for the price.
yeah, but it's a sansa. i bought an iPod because i just lost all hope in non-apple mp3 players having to get my sansa e250 replaced 5 (yes, FIVE) times because it would crash, wipe out its own system registry, or the crappy headphone jack broke. I picked the sansa because I thought it was a much better value than the iPod at the time. I learned the hard way, yet again, that you get what you pay for. I would NEVER buy another sansa again after that. i'd say that the shuffle is a better choice, especially with the new price.

Bernardo Gaetani

dirtpeach said:
Yeah, i belive in the same idea. Foston MP3 Clip, Sandisk Sansa Clip, Creative Zen Stone Plus and others hav screen. Other problem, ok now have new price, but still expansive, a 2GB Zen Stone Plus, I can buy with USD64.95 in BHPhotoVideo.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
Im so happy about the price drop. Now I can afford to buy a new Shuffle once my old one's battery dies. Awesome.

The prices here are higher than in other countries. I bought my 2nd Gen Shuffle for 115 dollars, when the price was 80 in the US. Its a rip off. I wonder what theyre gonna charge now with the price cut. Ill be calling the Apple store tomorrow for sure.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
kylo4 said:
You know what's funnier? That Applecare is $50 for it. For that price you could just buy another one.
Thats just crazy. They shouldnt even bother offering Applecare for the Shuffle if they're gonna do it at THAT price.

beckie66

I just got an email from Apple that the shuffle is now $49 and shipping is free.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
beckie66 said:
I just got an email from Apple that the shuffle is now $49 and shipping is free.
Yeah, thats kind of what this whole thread has been about since the beginning, but its kool you got the email from Apple. I had to find out about the price drop from one of my friends who doesnt even frequently visit iLounge.com or the forums. Grrr.

beckie66

Yikes...well at least someone let you know :) I only posted the info because the first person said they were $55, but now I see he is in Canada, so maybe prices are different there (hey, $6 is $6!)

So does that mean that a new shuffle is on the way?

And did you guys know that the Stone now has an external speaker? Very cool. Apple needs to do that. When my son and I watch the podcasts I download for him on my nano 3G, we just listen with the earbuds in my hand with the sound turned up all of the way. I like the idea of the Audiowrapz, but you can't download/charge with it on.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
beckie66 said:
I only posted the info because the first person said they were $55, but now I see he is in Canada, so maybe prices are different there (hey, $6 is $6!)
You are totally right. I didnt even do the math on the first post. And yes 6 bucks less means more money to buy six songs in iTunes or something to eat while you enjoy your new cheaper Shuffle.

I was happy to read (on iLounge's main page) that they are also unveiling a 2GB Shuffle for $69. Sounds like a good deal to me, eventho I wouldnt really take advantage of it. When my Shuffles battery dies, Im getting a 1GB again. Maybe a different color this time tho.

kylo4

They really shouldn't be charging more to us Canadians since the dollar is worth more here. If Sony can make their $500 PS3 the same in both countries, than Apple can do the same for the $50 shuffle.

How much do you think the 2GB shuffle will cost us?

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
kylo4 said:
How much do you think the 2GB shuffle will cost us?
Man, I dont know, but feel lucky that you dont overpay as much as we do here. The 79 dollar Shuffle a year ago, cost me 115 dollars! and Im sure the 49 one is gonna cost me at least 70.

Last edited:

beckie66

eqblues said:
You are totally right. I didnt even do the math on the first post. And yes 6 bucks less means more money to buy six songs in iTunes or something to eat while you enjoy your new cheaper Shuffle.

I was happy to read (on iLounge's main page) that they are also unveiling a 2GB Shuffle for $69. Sounds like a good deal to me, eventho I wouldnt really take advantage of it. When my Shuffles battery dies, Im getting a 1GB again. Maybe a different color this time tho.
Exactly! And it is good to see that Apple is really paying attention to the competition in terms of price and capacity.

beckie66

eqblues said:
You have colorful posts. :)
Well it doesn't take me that long to select a color and bold, so why not :) Everyone needs a little color in their life!:)

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I agree. Posts can get a lil boring sometimes. But your colorful touch is a welcome change for my forum-wandering eyes. As long as you dont post in ALL CAPS, or talk lyke dis!!1, then its all good.