• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

New Remote...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

carlin

iPodaholic...
Website
homepage.mac.com
I want the iRiver iHP-120 remote for the iPod. With the iRiver remote, you can do almost all functions on it as you can do on the unit itself. Its backlit, and large display is beautiful. the unit itself is quite nice, and I would have probably bought that if it was compatible with the iTunes and the apple store. I am getting off track. I keep my iPod in my car, under my seat, and I would love to just have the remote popping out, and I am able to change playlists and such with that without pulling out the unit itself... Hopefully apple will wise up...

Deamer

I totally agree with you, the ipod needs a good remote (the current one was probably made by an interm)! Tough they could definatley make a better one then the iRiver has.

kyussmondo

I never use the remote so I don't see any benefit. I just hit play put on hold sit back and enjoy. And when I do use the remote the only buttons I need to use are on the remote anyway.

Without the remote it is good because I listen to songs I would probably skip if I had a remote.

sink

Website
www.countersinkdg.com
slashjunior, it's great that you don't need/want the remote. Great for you, but not for me. I love the remote and want one for the iPod!

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
Well I actually used to use the remote. It allowed me to keep my iPod in my waist pack while working out, attach the remote to my shirt and easily forward, rewind, pause, and change the sound level. Unfortunately the spring on mine died. :(

I'd like to see an RF remote so the iPod could be put into something (like a purse) and run from there. LCD would reqire line of sight, which would be frustrating in a driving situation.

I always have to smile a little at people who don't use something, so therefore feel that no one else should need to either. I rarely use my iPod when I'm not working out so I don't just sit and listen.