New Program: MyTunesRemote

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breakaway1029

I have created a little "remote" for itunes, that is very minimal, but functional. It has options allow users to keep the remote on top of all windows, and make the remote transparent in order to see what is beneath the remote. REMEMBER, though, THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST RELEASE. I will be out of town for the weekend, but feel free to post any comments/suggestions here, and I will answer back ASAP. Hope you all like it....

*NOTE: MyTunesRemote requires **iTunes version 4.5 or greater***

Download HERE

EvilDude

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
hey!
very nice app, but I got a few ideas...
ok this might sound a bit long but yeah, I would really like this and i am WAAY too lazy to do it myself :p

How about making it read "skins". that way it can display any width and any height. and allow the skin to have like "now playing" fields etc. do you think you can do that? :) lol

breakaway1029

Well....the background is a static image, so I would need to make backgrounds with different widths....the right click menu has all the "now playing" info already, though....I'll se what I can do.

EvilDude

Website
www.ipodsoft.com
cool, i can help if you want, just that I don't have *much* free time these days... well, here's a few ideas:
--> images, don't use boxes etc, just paint them by reading. and put autoredraw to on.
--> for label allow like string in skin to be "Now Playing : [ARTIST] - [TITLE]"
and then the program parses this and shows it as "Now Playing : RealArtist - RealSong" or something. a good idea for this is to use tags, and then process the caption from tags ;)

well, hope that helps

blooba

Would it be possible to make it on top of full screen apps like battlefield 1942?

camson

snark snark snark
Website
www.snarkle.com
I think this app is very sweet. However, one suggestion that I would make that might make this app completely killer would be the ability to rate the songs from this bar.

I understand that you've built this with VB and using the new COM components. If you set the rating of the track with the "IITTrack::Rating" functions.. perhaps looking and functioning like iTunes, that would be INSANELY awesome :)

This app plus the iTuneskeys are two of my main wishlists for iTunes :)

Darrell

This is cool. Thanks. What I wish is something small that can display Now Playing, and the visualization or at least the album art, as well as control it. Much like WMP in the taskbar. It pops up whenever a new song is played. But that's for Apple to do huh? :rolleyes:

breakaway1029

What do you guys think about this: Instead of having the "remote" part show the Now Playing info, have a pop-up notification like msn that shows the info and (maybe) the artwork?

thegmf

I really appreciate you making this.
Thank you.

I think that idea would work out nice, but I personally would prefer the GUI to be extended a bit, to scroll the Artist/Song.
But either way works

breakaway1029

NEW VERSION

NEW VERSION: Now has MSN messenger style popup notifications when the track changes.
Coming soon - Cover art on the popup, rating songs.

Der_Wolf

This is a feature i always missed!

It would be great if it could remember it's last position and trasparency mode.
Another thing is that it is slightly too big in the hight to fit in a standard bar.

Thanks a lot for your great work!

edit:

I was using your remote with the popup notifications for the last few minutes now. What I recognised is that, if you are writing at the time the popup appeares, you automatically continue writing in the popup window. This continues until you stop for a few seconds and the window disappeares with your written text. you should try to stop this, if it's possible. ;-) would be a great.

Last edited:

AndrewHarrison

Junior Vice President
Website
idesign.iwarp.com
a way to launch itunes from the remote would be good.
also, instead of the msn thing [which i dont particularly like] maybe the remote could 'extend' to the side [user customizable, because it would have to depend where you place it] and have the title etc. could be shown.
but nice work so far.

breakaway1029

I fixed the problem with the typing while the box is up, but you still must re-focus the current app when the popup is up....I'm still working on the ratings feature, though. There will be an update tonight, and I will probably include the transparency and last position in that version..