• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

New Private Forum

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MikeM

Administrator
Hello iPodloungers,

We have created a new forum that is a sub-forum of the lounge. It has been set-up as a place for the regular, adult members to discuss topics that are not normally allowed. It is not visible if you are not admitted.

Here are the requirements for admission:

1. 500+ post count
2. good behavior
3. 6 months+ membership
4. makes interesting, useful posts
5. 18+ years of age
6. invitation/nomination by current member can waive some of the above requirements

We will only allow people who act like adults and want to engage in adult discussions. We can easily remove people if need be.

Some ways to NOT get in:

1. Repeatedly breaking forum rules in your posts.
2. Pestering current members for invites.

You must earn it through your behavior in the public forums. This cannot be stressed enough.

We are currently reviewing the current membership and will be sending out PMs on a rolling basis in the coming days.

podio

Why are you reading this?
Awww.... Im not 18, or have that big of post count,but I been good boy and play nice with everyone,lol.Anyway,what kind of topics or in this private forum?

Jackus

Can't you let the others just view it, not post in it? Thats all I want to do, because I find it interesting to read the debates... I am 13, and am not going to meet many of the citeria very soon. This seems like an essentially good idea, but why can't the rest of us simply look through, and read the posts?

MikeM

Administrator
arsenalmad10 said:
Can't you let the others just view it, not post in it? Thats all I want to do, because I find it interesting to read the debates... I am 13, and am not going to meet many of the citeria very soon. This seems like an essentially good idea, but why can't the rest of us simply look through, and read the posts?
Unfortunately, that can't happen. 1. The content there will not be suitable for all viewers and 2. people would start threads in the public forums after something they saw in the private forum.

Jackus

There good reasons. I didn't think of them. Thanks :)

~tl

Sounds like a good idea... not that I qualify though! We have had a similar thing for the Moderators over at the 68kMLAF for some time and it is really useful for moderation related discussions that are not suitable for the public forums... I'm sure it will be a great success!

TOM

Bob

Administrator
Website
forums.ilounge.com
This is not the Admin/Mod area you may think it is - we have had that in place since we moved to the new forums from the old one. This is just a place where the discussion can be along more robust lines - touching on some topics we prefer not to be discussed in the 'public' forums.

~tl

MadPict said:
This is not the Admin/Mod area you may think it is - we have had that in place since we moved to the new forums from the old one. This is just a place where the discussion can be along more robust lines - touching on some topics we prefer not to be discussed in the 'public' forums.
Yeah... I'm just saying its a similar idea... a private forum where more "sensitive" issues can be discussed ;)

TOM

eckO

Banned
finally we 'loungers' can have an adult discussion.

HEWSINATOR

I am 21 years old have been a member for some time, not too many posts, but all are good I hope, and very much would be interested in participating, what do I do?

I probably won't get invited as nobody knows/cares who I am. So what steps do I take?

Matt

Last edited:

MikeM

Administrator
One of the reasons we choose the higher post count and time requirements was so we would get the 'regulars' involved. While you've been here a while, you're lower post count and admitted anonymity somewhat exclude you from that.

So, while I'm NOT encouraging you or anyone to go run your post counts up artificially [with quick, useless posts], I would encourage you to spend more time here and participate in all areas of the site- iPod usage, music, the lounge, etc.

Trust me that those people who are regular members and actively participate will be noticed and invited in.

And as a warning to everyone reading this, those that are trying to worm their way in will be noticed and left out.

Impulse29

I think it's an excellent idea, and find it really neat that it is possible on the forums...

Can I suspect that the mods/admins have a separate forum?

NOSpsycho

nice... only 300+ post to go!!!

lmao

do u mind if i ask wut those 3 forums r about? jk

i just hope u find my post quality acceptable... :/