New Nine Inch Nails Record Available for Download NOW

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
ghosts.nin.com

It's a 36-track instrumental album. Here are the pricing schemes:

FREE DOWNLOAD
Ghosts I - The first 9 tracks from the Ghosts I-IV collection available as
high-quality DRM-free MP3s (320kbps LAME encoded, fully tagged) including complete 40 page PDF. Also includes the digital extras pack - various
wallpapers, icons, and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile, etc.

$5 DOWNLOAD
Ghosts I-IV - All 36 tracks in a variety of DRM-free digital formats (320
kbps LAME encoded, fully tagged; FLAC Lossless; Apple Lossless) including a 40
page PDF. Also includes the digital extras pack - various wallpapers, icons,
and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile, etc.

This version is also available from the Amazon MP3 store.

$10 2XCD SET
Ghosts I-IV - 2 audio CDs in a gatefold digipak package with a 16-page
booklet. To be shipped TBD. Includes immediate DRM-free download of the
entire collection in same choice of formats as $5 Download option. Download
will include the 40 page PDF and the digital extras pack - various wallpapers,
cons, and graphics tools for your computer, website, profile, etc.
This configuration will be released to retail in North America (April 8), Australia (April 5), the UK (April 8), Japan (April 5) and most European territories (April 8).

$75 LIMITED EDITION DELUXE PACKAGE
Ghosts I-IV - Hardcover book holding 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD of all 36
tracks in multi-track format (in .wav files readable by Mac and Windows), and
Blu-ray disc featuring stereo recordings in high-definition 24 bit 96Khz with
exclusive slide show. Includes immediate DRM-free download of the entire
collection in all formats and with all extras mentioned above. Also includes
48-page hardcover of photographs by Phillip Graybill and Rob Sheridan.
Discs and art book both housed in fabric slipcover.

$300 ULTRA-DELUXE LIMITED EDITION PACKAGE
Ghosts I-IV - Contains all elements from deluxe package, along with
exclusive 4XLP 180-gram vinyl set, and two limited edition Giclee prints
available exclusively in this package. Disc book, art book, and prints are
all housed in a fabric slipcover. 4XLP vinyl set comes in its own fabric
slipcover. INCLUDES immediate DRM-free download of the entire collection in
all formats and with all extras mentioned above. LIMITED TO 2500 PIECES,
NUMBERED AND PERSONALLY SIGNED BY TRENT REZNOR.

kornchild2002

It seems like the only one worth ordering is the $5 download. Otherwise it would probably be better to wait for the retail release. I always knew that Reznor was behind digital downloads but that normally means that you reduce your prices a little bit. This $75 and $300 package are BS just to try to get fans to download it. I purchased the Rammstein Volkerball set for $15.99 and it came with two DVDs and a live CD. I don't htink it is too much to ask that the $75 version be reduced in price. That and there is no point in releasing a Blu-ray audio version just to have it recorded in stereo. The 24-bit 96Khz recording is already beyond what the human ear can hear, it would have been nicer to have 5.1 or 7.1 audio.

I am a sucker for everything Nine Inch Nails though so I will probably purchase that $75 package. I am not spending $300 even though it is signed by Reznor. I have Pretty Hate Machine signed by the original NIN members anyway and that is way, way more valuable than this package.

kylo4

Let's see:

-$250 for iPod 80GB Classic
-$5 for Ghosts I-IV
-$10 for Downward Spiral
-$10 for With Teeth

Still works out to about $300. Biggest rip off ever.

bdb

On the B side of life
kylo4 said:
Still works out to about $300. Biggest rip off ever.
The music is only $25, and only $5 of it is the downloads mentioned above. If you want to buy an new iPod that's your decision, but its not a requirement for this.

kornchild2002

I went ahead with the $5 download simply because I don't know if retail stores are going to get better packages. I don't think it is too much to ask to spend $5 and wait to see what the stores are offering. If the stores offer a better package then I can purchase it there. If not I can purchase one of the other packages.

Just be warned, their servers are getting hammered right now. Don't try to download the album now. Wait a week or so until their servers cool down a bit. They are working things out right now so give them some time. You can always purchase it off of Amazon.com for the same $5. Just keep in mind that the Amazon mp3's will be at the 256kbps bitrate and that you can pay $5 from NIN's website and get lossless downloads (that way you can encode to whatever bitrate you want since 256kbps is overkill).

kylo4

bdb said:
The music is only $25, and only $5 of it is the downloads mentioned above. If you want to buy an new iPod that's your decision, but its not a requirement for this.
I meant specifically the $300 album. The $5, $10 and $25 are fine. Anything over that is overkill.

kornchild2002

It is a lot but you do get a bunch of crap and it is signed by Reznor himself. You get the $5 download, the $10 CD's, a $20 Blu-ray audio disc (that would probably run about $25-$30 in the stores), a hard cover book that would probably cost about $20, one DVD, a vinyl set that would probably cost $30 from the stores, special packaging and along with a slip case (let's give that a $20 price), and a whole bunch of other stuff. In the end you pay about a $50 premium to get Reznor's signature. I think that is pretty reasonable and add on that there will be about 2500 of these packages in the whole world.

At least it is autographed. Compare that to Linkin Park's last release that ran for over $100. It wasn't very limited and it didn't come with as much stuff and it wasn't autographed. Actually, in order to get the full experience with their album (ie all of the content), you had to buy it off of the iTunes Store for $12, purchase the in-store deluxe edition for $15, and purchase the deluxe edition package off of their website for $45. All-in-all, that would come out to $202 and that isn't even near the amount of content that comes with this NIN release.

I just hope that Reznor decides to do this for their future albums. This really isn't a full fledged studio album as it is more like ideas that wouldn't really make it on a NIN album. I wouldn't mind paying $200 for their next full album if it came with all that crap. I am not going to pay that much for this release since it is all instrumental and the first 1/4 of it feels like The Fragile which I didn't care for too much.