New Ipod Problem w/MMJB...Please Help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mulva

So, I used to have a 20gb and I upgraded to a 30gb. I use Ephpod to transfer songs, but MMJB to rip and store my library. After installation of the new software (and a new MMJB), I cannot get the iPod view from MMJB to stop showing up. I have uninstalled the plugin and I have even uninstalled MMJB and downloaded a new version from the MMJB website. Still, every time I open MMJB, it tries to access my iPod.

First, is there any solution out there? Second, what is a viable alternative to MMJB for tagging, ripping and burning?

Thanks!

BigBohn

CDex- you can rip, encode, tag, and burn. I use it on my Win98 cause I hear it causes problems on XP (not sure).

Exact Audio Copy- rips, encodes using LAME (which is awesome), tags, not sure about burning. Its what I use and I think its pretty good.

For one of the best download programs you can get for tagging easier is Tag&Rename. Very simple interface once you get accustomed to it and does bulk tagging quick and simple.

All of these programs are available at http://www.downloads.com

Septus

I'm thinking about switching to Ephpod too, assuming that I will have room on my comp to store the 5 gigs of music on my Ipod that I'll most likely have to erase. However, do I still need Macopener to use Ephpod if I'm using a Windows Ipod?

tackhouse1

Septus said:
I'm thinking about switching to Ephpod too, assuming that I will have room on my comp to store the 5 gigs of music on my Ipod that I'll most likely have to erase. However, do I still need Macopener to use Ephpod if I'm using a Windows Ipod?
No, if you are on a windows Machine, with a Windown iPod, Macopener is not required. Ephpod will work natively with windows.

I have been a Ephpod user for the past 6 months, its a great program.

-Nick

MidPack

Media Center 9

I can't pretend that I know all the packages, but I have used MC9 for several months and would never go back to MMJB or WMP. Works great including with WinXP and new iPods. Was going to go the EAC/LAME route, but more complicated even though free. MC9 has everything you need all in one place, good quality rips and good for a newbie like me.

mongoos150

BigBohn said:
CDex- you can rip, encode, tag, and burn. I use it on my Win98 cause I hear it causes problems on XP (not sure).

Exact Audio Copy- rips, encodes using LAME (which is awesome), tags, not sure about burning. Its what I use and I think its pretty good.

For one of the best download programs you can get for tagging easier is Tag&Rename. Very simple interface once you get accustomed to it and does bulk tagging quick and simple.

All of these programs are available at http://www.downloads.com
Actually CDex works great on XP. I use CDex on my XP Professional machine.

timelinechick

will eph pod work with a new iPod and windows 98? how do I do it?

and while we're at it, who knows how to install a new iPod using windows 98? my iPod is just sitting here, looking pretty, but is lonely because it doesn't have any music to play