New iPod Photo, won't be recognized by Windows nor Updater

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MrZebra77

Hi, just got my 30GB iPod Photo today, after fully charging it (Using the Wall Adapter) then arranging all my music in iTunes I plugged it into my computer.

Windows "Found new hardware" etc, then the Do Not Disconnect message appeared,

Since it came with the the 1.0 version, I downloaded the 1.1 update from Apple. Tried to run it, it said that my iPod was not supported. So I said, oh well, I'll try to load my tunes then.

So I go into it's drive letter (K:) and Windows complains that it's not formatted, so I tried formatting it. And it said it couldn't because a disk utility was using it.

Rebooted, tried the updater again, same problem.

Reset the iPod.

Tried running the 2005-02-07 Updater program to do a restore. The iPod kinda reset itself and then the screen "became" Black and white. It said it failed due to a disk write error.

From that point on, it keeps showing the ! Folder icon, tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Windows can't format it, Updater 2005-03-23 says it doesn't support it, Updater 2005-02-07 says it's got a disk error.

Is this, what we call in the industry, "PoP" (Point of Purchase), I've done tech support for a year, and that's what we told a user when a brand new device is declared defective.

I packed up the iPod and everthing that came with it and will exchange it tomorrow, unless someone comes up with a solution but I believe I tried everything already.

MrZebra77

I brought it back to the store for a replacement and my new one works perfectly now.

I guess it really was defective.