New iPhone owner - calendar problem/question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GadgetGuru72

Hey everyone-

Just bought an iPhone yesterday ... and this is driving me crazy.

Since my new contract with AT&T expires on 3/28/2011, I wanted to calendar that date. I put it in the calendar as an "all day" event. However, if I navigate to 3/28/2011, it does not show up.

I sync'ed my phone, and it DOES show up in Outlook. So, I know it's there ... it's just not on my iPhone.

Any ideas why it's not showing up? Does it not sync non-recurring calendar entries that far in advance, or is something else going on?

Thanks in advance.

JMG

asdf
Click on "Info" on your iphone through itunes. In the "Calendars" section you can select different calendars to sync. Not sure how outlook works, but on Macs you can have multiple calendars. Maybe yours is not set to sync. You can also select not to sync old events.

Also, try to add the event to the iphone itself and see what happens.

GadgetGuru72

It's set to sync "all calendars."

It is syncing the calendar, it's just this particular entry that seems to be mysteriously causing problems.

I have it set not to sync entries that are more than 30 days old, but we're talking about an entry 2 years in the future.

The entry was created on the iPhone itself. In fact, since it didn't appear in the calendar after clicking "done" I created it a second time. Neither entry appeared on the iPhone, but BOTH appeared in Outlook after I synced. So, there was on the iPhone somewhere (because they sync'ed), but they just weren't showing up on the iPhone.

A few minutes ago I created a new event, on March 28, 2011, but instead of doing it as an "all day" event, I created it as a 1-hour event from 2pm-3pm. That worked, and appeared on the calendar. Then, I went back in and edited it, and changed it to "all day." Now, it appears on the calendar.

This is driving me crazy. If it was a fluke, so be it ... but now I'm always going to question whether or not new calendar entries will actually appear properly.

JMG

asdf
Yeah, that sounds like a fluke. Try making an all day for next week and see if that pops up, just to be sure it's the date and not the "all day" that is creating the bug.

GadgetGuru72

Yeah, maybe it was a fluke ... but a fluke that occurred twice in a row -- thereby redefining the term fluke. ;)

Anyway, I'm inclined to accept that it was a fluke. I create an all day event for next Saturday, and it worked. I created an all day event for next year, and it worked. I created an all day event for 2011, and it worked.

For whatever reason, the first two all day events created for 3/28/2011 did not work, and it appears I'll never have an explanation.

Since I've only had the iPhone for a few days, I would have gladly accepted this problem as user error. I would have assumed I just entered it improperly on the iPhone. What's making this so difficult to understand is that it *DID* sync to Outlook. So, it *must* have been on the iPhone somewhere in order to sync, it just wasn't showing it to me.

Time to get over it I suppose ....

Thanks.