New interface of ipod to old ipods??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

joker0153

is it possible to install the new interface of ipod classic and or nano to older colored ipod? I mean that in a hack way not in a apple can do it kind of way...

foomex

im looking for a way to get rid of it on my 6G :(

sorry for the useless response.

MusicTrax

Possible? My guess is, probably not. I suspect the user interface is tied to the ROMs inside the new iPods, so the new interface will only work with the new ROMs.

In theory, if you could get your hands on the new ROMs, there might be a way to swap them out with, say, the 5G Video iPods. But getting those ROMs is nearly impossible. I suspect Apple made it very difficult to hack around this.

Realistically, I think you're better off just buying the new units.

joker0153

Uhmm? I guess?

yep i guess so? but i just think that hackers might copy the rom of the new ipods and release it like a rockbox kind of way that you can install, oh well, i'll just buy the touch...

Frozen072

I don't like the new interface because it lags a bunch even with the 1.02 firmware.

Fred333

Website
www.mysticliquid.com
I think time will allow the firmware to catchup to technology. I guess that is with any new gadget, it takes awhile for it to run smoothly.