New Install - ipod locks up system

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maisy

Ski & Blade
Hi,

I am really hoping someone can help me here!
I have been using itunes 4.7 for a little while and have my playlists loaded onto it. I recieved my brand new ipod 4th gen HP model yesterday, loaded the software and registered my ipod as part of the proccess but for some reason my ipod just seems to lock up my OS, and freezes itunes or any other program that might be open. It takes an age to eject my ipod from windows (sometimes it says the ipod cannont be ejected as it is still in use) but once it has been ejected my OS and other programs work fine.

I have already tried the following:

1) Complete uninstall and re-load of included 4.6 software

2) Complete uninstall and new load of itunes 4.7 from apple.com

3) reset of ipod

I am really lost for ideas and obviously very frustrated and dissapointed at this point having bought an ipod that just won't work!

lily

I had the same problem

I had the same problem with my iPod HP when I bought it. It would freeze up my system and then I would have to reboot and it was an endless cycle. My iPod was bad though. Do you have a Dell?

maisy

Ski & Blade
Hi,

Thank you for your post. I have a Toshiba Satlellite running XP, I am using my USB 2.0 to connect. What did you do to resolve the problem in the end?

Rigby

if his ipod was bad, what he did would be a return of the product and got a new one